New Company Formation and Visas

Lawrence Sinclair

Jul 21, 2015, 11:55:39 AM7/21/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know a good company formation, management, and visa consultancy?

Does anyone have a personal experience they would like to share with setting up a new company as a foreign entity and getting a visa for a first staff member?

As a foreigner (or a foreign corporation), I want to set up a company in Singapore and send someone from our Vietnam office to be the first employee, as a software developer.

I think the company setup process should be straightforward, although I am not sure what the complete requirements are. Probably the biggest complication would be getting a work permit for the first employee. I'm looking for help with both matters, but the visa matter is probably the first one whose feasibility should be determined.

The last discussions I could find on this seemed quite a few years out of date. But do let me know if I missed any good ones.

Cheers,

Lawrence.

Kai Hendry

Jul 21, 2015, 9:22:46 PM7/21/15
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
I've had a good experience with http://www.kolibri.sg/

Robert Sim

Jul 22, 2015, 7:29:47 AM7/22/15
to HackerspaceSG
Hi Lawrence,

This is the current agency that HackerspaceSG has engaged: http://www.shkoh.com.sg/

Cheers,
Robert

Lawrence Lau

Sep 12, 2015, 2:38:19 AM9/12/15
to HackerspaceSG
My client just went through the process of establishing subsidiaries in Singapore, Malaysia and India.

Formation is straight-forward, basically getting the right documentation - but remember you have to appoint a local PR/cit as director, and local auditors/accountants ... these add to the annual costs
Bank accounts is harder, the know-your-customer provisions for anti-money laundering has just made everything more tedious
Visa I'm less sure about, the govt is trying to attract startups, if you are trying to come in under EntrePass, it can be straight-forward but anything which is low-mid skill, I hear recently they're tightening up on quotas due to pressure to protect locals.