Interview enquiry; June 26-30

Amy LaViers

Jun 16, 2016, 9:30:13 PM6/16/16
to HackerspaceSG
Hello,

I'm a robotics faculty member at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign working on a National Science Foundation sponsored project to understand how research out of my lab may help address pain points in automation.  I have a start up, AE Machines, aimed at commercializing some ideas from my research in the developing Internet of Things (IoT) industry.

I will be in Singapore at the end of the month, along with my business partner Eric Minnick, for a robotics conference (IEEE BioRob http://www.ieeebiorob2016.org) and wondered if someone at your organization would be interested in meeting with me and/or Eric to discuss automation design in Singapore.

Our software is particularly targeted at addressing pain points in programming micro controllers through internet-based customized automation.  We would love to learn more from you and your experience with unique design projects in your Hackerspace through our conversation and even demo an initial prototype we have developed.  I have attached a picture of the prototype here.  It will be available for free use online by the end of the summer.  We don't have anything to sell -- we just want to learn about your perspective!

Many thanks,
Amy
ui_scrn.png

Meng Weng Wong

Jun 18, 2016, 7:16:23 PM6/18/16
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
between particle.io, sensity.com, and http://fluid.media.mit.edu/projects/luminar, isn't this domain well covered?

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Meng Weng Wong

Jun 18, 2016, 7:27:34 PM6/18/16
to hacker...@googlegroups.com

Roland Turner

Jun 18, 2016, 11:15:42 PM6/18/16
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy,

Per our FAQ, this enquiry should be addressed to the HackerspaceSG community; the FAQ also explains how to.

Regards,

- Roland

Roland Turner

Jun 18, 2016, 11:18:28 PM6/18/16
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
(embarrassment) This was addressed to the HackerspaceSG community. Sorry Amy!

- Roland

Chinmay

Jun 19, 2016, 10:45:07 AM6/19/16
to HackerspaceSG
Hi Amy,

Coincidently, there is a monthly Hardware/Electronics/IoT meetup that happens in Singapore on 29th June, called Hackware. You will find many hobbyists/professionals who work with micro-controllers there.

We used to host it at HackerspaceSG, but we out grew it, so now we hold it at other locations. Here's the URL for the event. https://www.facebook.com/events/488161984714734/.

Event details incase you don't use Facebook.

Time: Wednesday, June 29 at 7:30 PM - 9 PM
Venue: Paypal Singapore, 5 Temasek Blvd, #09-01 Suntec Tower Five

-Chinmay