[Invitation] GeoHackathon 2015

Chew Lin Kay

Nov 23, 2015, 4:44:18 AM11/23/15
to hackerspacesg
Hello everyone!

I'm part of the team organising the upcoming geohackathon (we know time is short--we don't want it to be this way either!!) and we'd love for HSG friends to be part of this! The challenge statements are wide-ranging and meaningful, and we've arranged a slate of interesting technical practitioners to come give talks, so I hope you will find something that interests you. Do note that you're welcome to join in the workshops independently of registering for the hackathon, and that you don't need to enter as a team, just click the appropriate tabs. :)

Hope to see you there!

Chew Lin

~~~

Inline image 1

The GeoHackathon 2015 taps on the collective brilliance of the community to solve real world problems using Geospatial Information Science and Technology (GIST). Real world challenges from real world stakeholders, this means that the solutions will inspire actual implementation that affects lives. How might we share our heritage, create meaningful science experiences and save lives using various new technologies?
We will be conducting our technical masterclasses on the coming Friday so participants of all levels can learn together!
More than a 36 hour hackathon, participants will be immersed in experience workshops where they will walk in the shoes of a Historian, Educator or a Life Saver.

If you have any questions, please email me at Ja...@OneMakerGroup.com !

--
Carpe Diem-
Jamen Loh