Build Docs fails on files i haven't touched

Jacob Qvortrup

May 14, 2012, 8:14:50 AM5/14/12
to H2 Database
Hi.

I am trying to follow all the steps before submitting a patch for the
old feature request "Option for SCRIPT to only
process one or a set of schemas or tables", but when i run "build
docs" the 3 files "JdbcPreparedStatement.java", "JdbcResultSet.java"
and "TestPreparedStatement.java" are touched by the builder.

The changes made by the build tool makes it fail on the step
"CheckTextFiles" and i get the following errors:

Running org.h2.build.code.CheckTextFiles
CHANGED: JdbcPreparedStatement.java
CHANGED: JdbcResultSet.java
FAIL at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcResultSet.java(JdbcResultSet.java:114)
contains wrong number of heading spaces: 2 /Users/jacob/Development/
Utils/h2database/h2/src/main/org/h2/jdbc/JdbcResultSet.java
FAIL at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcResultSet.java(JdbcResultSet.java:116)
FAIL at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcResultSet.java(JdbcResultSet.java:118)
contains wrong number of heading spaces: 2 /Users/jacob/Development/
Utils/h2database/h2/src/main/org/h2/jdbc/JdbcResultSet.java
CHANGED: TestPreparedStatement.java
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.Exception: Errors found
at org.h2.build.BuildBase.java(BuildBase.java:872)
at org.h2.build.Build.docs(Build.java:213)
at
39)
at
25)
at org.h2.build.BuildBase.invoke(BuildBase.java:241)
at org.h2.build.BuildBase.runTarget(BuildBase.java:207)
at org.h2.build.BuildBase.run(BuildBase.java:188)
at org.h2.build.Build.main(Build.java:35)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.Exception: Errors
found
at org.h2.build.BuildBase.invoke(BuildBase.java:250)
at org.h2.build.BuildBase.java(BuildBase.java:870)
... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Errors found
at org.h2.build.code.CheckTextFiles.run(CheckTextFiles.java:56)
at org.h2.build.code.CheckTextFiles.main(CheckTextFiles.java:49)
at
39)
at
25)
at org.h2.build.BuildBase.invoke(BuildBase.java:241)
... 10 more

If i try to revert the changes and rerun the build target then they
are changed back.

Have anyone seen this before?

/Jacob

Jacob Qvortrup

May 15, 2012, 4:43:25 AM5/15/12
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Hmm.. I may end up just sending my patch without going through the steps.

Thomas Mueller

May 18, 2012, 5:54:24 AM5/18/12
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My mistake, I don't always check if the documentation is complete and
correct before I commit.

It should be fixed now.

Regards,
Thomas