connection issue between 1.3.156 and 1.3.157 (needs urgent attention)

aditya

Oct 17, 2013, 7:29:58 AM10/17/13
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As a part of recent migration to latest H2 jar in my project, I came across a connection issue.

The way it works in our project is that one program starts H2 database in server mode and connects to the database. Another program in the same JVM uses the URL "jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost/myfolder/mydb;IGNORECASE=TRUE" and tries creating a connection using java.sql.DriverManager to same database i.e. Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(this.url, this.user, this.password);

But the connection object is not getting created after I migrate to latest H2 jar (Earlier we were using 1.2.147 and it was working fine there). After some analysis, I could narrow down on the fact that if I use H2 version 1.3.156 or below, this code works fine but if I start using H2 version 1.3.157 or above, the connection is not created for the second program. I checked the changelog for both these versions (http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/H2-Database-Engine-Changelog-30870.html) but I could not find anything that might throw some light on this. Note that our H2 database does not contain any table with BLOB/CLOB column.

Could you please look into this and let me know what needs to be done to get it working?

Regards,
Aditya

aditya

Oct 22, 2013, 6:29:48 AM10/22/13
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Adding stacktrace of the exception I am getting when I use H2 jar 1.3.157 or above:

org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Connection is broken: "java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect: localhost" [90067-174]
        at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:332)
        at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:161)
        at org.h2.engine.SessionRemote.connectServer(SessionRemote.java:417)
        at org.h2.engine.SessionRemote.connectEmbeddedOrServer(SessionRemote.jav
a:305)
        at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcConnection.<init>(JdbcConnection.java:105)
        at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcConnection.<init>(JdbcConnection.java:90)
        at org.h2.Driver.connect(Driver.java:73)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at com.avaya.induna.server.db.DBConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(DBCo
nnectionManagerImpl.java:34)
        at com.avaya.induna.server.db.backup.BackupImplThread.takeBackup(BackupI
mplThread.java:313)
        at com.avaya.induna.server.db.backup.BackupImplThread.run(BackupImplThre
ad.java:175)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at org.h2.util.NetUtils.createSocket(NetUtils.java:119)
        at org.h2.util.NetUtils.createSocket(NetUtils.java:100)
        at org.h2.engine.SessionRemote.initTransfer(SessionRemote.java:100)
        at org.h2.engine.SessionRemote.connectServer(SessionRemote.java:413)
        ... 9 more

Thomas Mueller

Oct 22, 2013, 1:56:15 PM10/22/13
to H2 Google Group
Hi,

Please don't use StackOverflow _and_ the Google Group. Use either one or the other: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19495480/db-connection-issue-between-h2-database-1-3-156-or-prior-and-1-3-157-and-onwa

Regards,
Thomas