Recover failed

kenlo

May 13, 2015, 1:51:23 AM5/13/15
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
windows java jdk7
Conn string = tcp://localhost/D:/home/kenlo/FMdata/fmdata

# java -cp h2-1.4.181.jar org.h2.tools.Recover -db fmdata
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at java.nio.Buffer.position(Unknown Source)
        at org.h2.mvstore.MVStoreTool.dump(MVStoreTool.java:222)
        at org.h2.tools.Recover.process(Recover.java:327)
        at org.h2.tools.Recover.runTool(Recover.java:192)
        at org.h2.tools.Recover.main(Recover.java:155)

kenlo

May 13, 2015, 9:12:01 PM5/13/15
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
The latest version doesn't help.

# java -cp h2-1.4.187.jar org.h2.tools.Recover -db fmdata
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unsupported type 17 [1.4.187/3]
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Chunk 569741 no longer exists [1.4.187/9]

Thomas Mueller

May 14, 2015, 8:41:12 AM5/14/15
to H2 Google Group
Hi,

There were quite a few bugfixes since version 1.4.181, but it's hard to say what the reason is.

Could you send me the database file? I would be interested to analyze it, and (hopefully) I can improve the recover tool so that it can process it.

Regards,
Thomas

kenlo

May 14, 2015, 8:28:21 PM5/14/15
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
The database file is 14G in size and I have no idea how it could be sent out.

Strange enough it grew from a normal 2G to that size during a select query via the web console.  The query didn't finish before console timeout so I did a shutdown (which has no response) and lastly killing the jvm.  And then it corrupted.

kenlo

Jun 2, 2015, 3:04:28 AM6/2/15
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
I rebuilt the data with the stable version 1.3.176 as I thought it might be safe to do so.  It ran a few days.  The last thing it did was a deletion sql via the web console.  I'm sure execution was finished.  It then refused to shutdown in an hour or so.  During that period, the CPU was not doing much thing.  So, I forced it close.

The error:
General error: "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2048" [50000-176] HY000/50000

Database file is 2.5G.