Embedded db with multiple client connections = Error message on trace files

truc...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2013, 4:16:16 PM8/1/13
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have frequently some errors messages from the trace file.

Like this :
08-01 12:07:02 database: flush
java.lang.RuntimeException: log.removeUntil not found: 12963 last 11074
        at org.h2.message.DbException.throwInternalError(DbException.java:228)
        at org.h2.store.PageLog.removeUntil(PageLog.java:729)
        at org.h2.store.PageLog.removeUntil(PageLog.java:704)
        at org.h2.store.PageStore.checkpoint(PageStore.java:434)
        at org.h2.engine.Database.checkpoint(Database.java:2243)
        at org.h2.engine.Database.checkpointIfRequired(Database.java:2215)
        at org.h2.store.WriterThread.run(WriterThread.java:84)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Or

Error opening database: "Could not load properties Z/:… basecutoff.lock.db"

Environment :
Multi-client from multi-computer, which can connected, sometimes while few secondes, to the same database (embedded) on a hard drive, on network.

connexion used for h2-1.3.171 : “;FILE_LOCK=SERIALIZED”

So I don't understand what is the problem. All seems ok on my java code, but ...
Moreover the "Flush's problem" freeze the database for the others users ; Indeed trace file is locked for others.

If you have the beginning of a response, i will be happy :)

And if you have a best mode for this configuration of connexion, i am interested :)

Thks

Thomas Mueller

Aug 2, 2013, 7:20:55 AM8/2/13
to H2 Google Group
Hi,

It could be a problem of the "serialized" access mode in combination with your networked file system. Which file system do you use, and which operating system(s)? How many clients? If the file system is NFS, what are parameters?

I know networked file systems are problematic, would it be possible to avoid a shared access? What about the automatic mixed mode? http://h2database.com/html/features.html#auto_mixed_mode or the server mode?

Regards,
Thomas