Rpc call problem

_panic_

May 9, 2008, 7:05:32 AM5/9/08
to gwt-sl
Hi george, i'm having trouble with an rpc call from a service.

My scenario.

1) Gwt 1.5 Milesotne 1
2) Gwt-ext (not really important, i think)
3) Hibernate (With annotations)
4) hibernate4gwt-1.0.4_GWT_1.5_M1
5) gwt-sl-0.1.4e
5) Spring

Hi have a hibernate pojo with annotations in my domain package:

public class Anagrafiche extends LazyGwtPojo
{
/*properties, getters and setters*/
}

My AnagraficheService (th einterface), in client package:

public interface AnagraficheService extends RemoteService
{

public static final String SERVICE_URI = "../../MyService/
AnagraficheService";
//public String findByCodiceFiscale(String codicefiscale);

List <Anagrafiche> findAllByCodIstatRes(String codistatres);

public static class Util
{
public static AnagraficheServiceAsync getInstance() {

AnagraficheServiceAsync instance = (AnagraficheServiceAsync)
GWT.create(AnagraficheService.class);
ServiceDefTarget target = (ServiceDefTarget) instance;
target.setServiceEntryPoint(GWT.getModuleBaseURL() + SERVICE_URI);
return instance;
}
}

}

My implementation of AnagraficheService, under server package:
public class AnagraficheServiceImpl extends HibernateRemoteService
implements AnagraficheService
{
private SessionFactory sessionFactory;
private HibernateBeanManager hibernateBeanManager;

public void setSessionFactory (SessionFactory sessiofactory)
{
(HibernateBeanManager)appContext.getBean("hibernateBeanManager");
this.sessionFactory = sessiofactory;
}

public void setBeanManager(HibernateBeanManager hibernatemanager)
{

ClassPathXmlApplicationContext appContext = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String ("classpath*:dispatct-
servlet.xml"));

this.hibernateBeanManager =
(HibernateBeanManager)appContext.getBean("hibernateBeanManager");

}

//The method that returns a simple list from my pojo
public List<Anagrafiche> findAllByCodIstatRes(String codistatres)
{
Query qry = this.sessionFactory.openSession().createSQLQuery("SELECT
* FROM Anagrafiche WHERE COD_ISTAT_RES='" + codistatres + "'");
return (List<Anagrafiche>)qry.list();
}

}

My spring servlet (the relevants parts) looks like this:

<!-- My anagraficheService bean, with sessionFactory injection-->
<bean id="anagraficheService" class =
"it.unipa.studenti.server.AnagraficheServiceImpl">
<property name="sessionFactory">
<ref bean = "sessionFactory" />
</property>
</bean>

<!-- The --HB4GWTRPCService bean of HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter class>
<bean id="HB4GWTRPCService"
class="org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.hb4gwt.HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter">
<property name="service" ref="anagraficheService" />
<property name="beanManager" ref="hibernateBeanManager" />
</bean>

<bean id="hibernateBeanManager"
class="net.sf.hibernate4gwt.core.HibernateBeanManager">
<property name="pojoStore" ref="pojoStore" />
<property name="sessionFactory"><ref bean= "sessionFactory" /> </
property>
</bean>

<bean id="pojoStore"
class="net.sf.hibernate4gwt.core.store.stateless.StatelessPojoStore" /

<bean id = "hibernateTemplate" class =
"org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate">
<property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory" />
</bean>

<bean id = "sessionFactory" class =
"org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
<!--
-->
</bean>

<bean id="urlMapping"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
<property name="mappings">
<map>
<entry key="/AnagraficheService" value-ref="anagraficheService" /

</map>
</property>
</bean>

I use hosted mode, under external tomcat application server (pre-
configured under eclipse).
I've successfully compiled the ap and coped the .rpc file under my
conf dir of tomcat.

When i run the app and request for the service, i'v got follow errors
(full stack trace):

GRAVE: Servlet.service() for servlet dispatch threw exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: No adapter for handler
[it.unipa.studenti.server.AnagraficheServiceImpl@f429d7]: Does your
handler implement a supported interface like Controller?
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.getHandlerAdapter(DispatcherServlet.java:
1090)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:
873)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:
808)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:
523)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:
463)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
290)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
233)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
175)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
128)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
102)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
109)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
286)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Can you help me?

George Georgovassilis

May 9, 2008, 7:17:21 AM5/9/08
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
I think your AnagraficheServiceImpl should not extend
HibernateRemoteService at all, just leave it plain and implement your
interfaces.

_panic_

May 9, 2008, 7:35:13 AM5/9/08
to gwt-sl

Without extendig AnagraficheServiceImpl from HibernateRemoteService,
is the same; same error.
As the official documentations says (hibernate4gwt) i must extend
implementation service from HibernateRemoteService.
A question: Do i use GWTHandler as urlmapper, or
org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping of
Spring?

On 9 Mag, 13:17, George Georgovassilis <g.georgovassi...@gmail.com>

George Georgovassilis

May 9, 2008, 7:39:33 AM5/9/08
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
We have done some work and integrated hibernate4gwt with the SL, you can
read up in the documentation or here [1]. I think in this case it is
best to use the HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter which will export a POJO bean
as a service through the RPC protocol. Specifically in that case you
should not use the GWTHandler but proceed as shown in the documentation,
because you'd end up having wrapped RPC twice around your service.

[1] http://gwt-widget.sourceforge.net/?q=node/49#0.1_Hibernate4GWT

_panic_

May 9, 2008, 10:24:01 AM5/9/08
to gwt-sl
Some question, about using HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter:
1) My implementation service must extends from HibernateRemoteService
or HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter?
2) What can i use as urlmapper, SimpleUrlMapping of springframework (i
want use spring too)
Regards

On 9 Mag, 13:39, George Georgovassilis <g.georgovassi...@gmail.com>

George Georgovassilis

May 9, 2008, 10:30:36 AM5/9/08
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
1. The service does not need to extend from anything. It sufficies to
implement an interface that extends RemoteService.
2. When you are using exporters instead of handlers you should use the
SimpleUrlMapping

Do also have a look at the HibernateDomainService from the demo WAR code
in src/test, which shows how to deal with hibernate

_panic_

May 9, 2008, 5:46:07 PM5/9/08
to gwt-sl
Ok, i've follow the needed steps but getting same error.

1) My interface service extends RemoteService
2) Its implementations is a normal implementation of an interface (no
using HibernateRemoteService)
3) I use SimpleUrlHandlerMapping as follows:
<bean id="urlMapping"
class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
<property name="mappings">
<map>
<entry key="/AnagraficheService" value-ref="anagraficheService" />
</map>
</property>
</bean>

4) For others, i follow thw steps as view at http://gwt-widget.sourceforge.net/?q=node/49
(4.3 Using Hibernate4GWT):
<bean id="anagraficheService" class =
"it.unipa.studenti.server.AnagraficheServiceImpl">
<property name="sessionFactory">
<ref bean = "sessionFactory" />
</property>
</bean>

<bean id="hibernateBeanManager"
class="net.sf.hibernate4gwt.core.HibernateBeanManager">
<property name="pojoStore" ref="pojoStore" />
<property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory" />
</bean>

<bean id="HB4GWTRPCService"
class="org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.hb4gwt.HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter">
<property name="beanManager" ref="hibernateBeanManager" />
<property name="service" ref="anagraficheService" />
</bean>

<bean id="pojoStore"
class="net.sf.hibernate4gwt.core.store.stateless.StatelessPojoStore" /

5) In other xml conf file i store the connector, teh hibernatetemplate
and sessionfacotry:
<bean id="dataSource" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
<property
name="driverClassName"><value>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</value></
property>
<property name="url"><value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:MYSID</
value></property>
<property name="username" value="MYUSER" />
<property name="password" value="MYPASS" />
<property name="initialSize" value="5" />
<property name="maxActive" value="10" />
</bean>

<bean id = "hibernateTemplate" class =
"org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate">
<property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory" />
</bean>

<bean id = "sessionFactory" class =
"org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
<property name="dataSource" ref = "dataSource" />
<property name="configLocation">
<value>/WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml</value>
</property>
<property name="configurationClass">
<value>org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration</value>
</property>
<property name = "hibernateProperties">
<props>
<prop
key="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect</prop>
</props>
</property>
</bean>

When i run tomcat the spring context is correctly loaded, but when i
run the hosted browser and request for the service i got:
javax.servlet.ServletException: No adapter for handler
[it.unipa.studenti.server.AnagraficheServiceImpl@192425a]: Does your
handler implement a supported interface like Controller?

Please help me.
Regards
Sergio

On 9 Mag, 16:30, George Georgovassilis <g.georgovassi...@gmail.com>

_panic_

May 9, 2008, 5:50:06 PM5/9/08
to gwt-sl
Ah sorry, i forgot...
6) My hibernate (annotated) pojo extends LazyGwtPojo.

On 9 Mag, 23:46, _panic_ <riboriori.ribori...@libero.it> wrote:
> Ok, i've follow the needed steps but getting same error.
>
> 1) My interface service extends RemoteService
> 2) Its implementations is a normal implementation of an interface (no
> using HibernateRemoteService)
> 3) I use SimpleUrlHandlerMapping as follows:
> <bean id="urlMapping"
> class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
> <property name="mappings">
> <map>
> <entry key="/AnagraficheService" value-ref="anagraficheService" />
> </map>
> </property>
> </bean>
>
> 4) For others, i follow thw steps as view athttp://gwt-widget.sourceforge.net/?q=node/49
>
> leggi tutto

George Georgovassilis

May 10, 2008, 1:01:10 AM5/10/08
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
Hey _panic_, you are almost there. Now, if you mapped the URL to
HB4GWTRPCService instead of anagraficheService it should work, that is

<entry key="/AnagraficheService" value-ref="HB4GWTRPCService" />

_panic_

May 10, 2008, 4:13:11 AM5/10/08
to gwt-sl
Hi George, i'm here again; that's seem to me "the never ending story";
Now, with the change <entry key="/AnagraficheService" value-
ref="HB4GWTRPCService" />, when i request for service,
i've got the error:
GRAVE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javassist/ClassPath
at net.sf.hibernate4gwt.rebind.ProxyManager.<init>(ProxyManager.java:
93)
at
net.sf.hibernate4gwt.rebind.ProxyManager.getInstance(ProxyManager.java:
59)
at
net.sf.hibernate4gwt.core.beanlib.mapper.ProxyClassMapper.getSourceClass(ProxyClassMapper.java:
38)
at
net.sf.hibernate4gwt.core.HibernateBeanManager.mergePojo(HibernateBeanManager.java:
413)
at
net.sf.hibernate4gwt.core.HibernateBeanManager.merge(HibernateBeanManager.java:
278)
at
net.sf.hibernate4gwt.gwt.HibernateRPCHelper.parseInputParameters(HibernateRPCHelper.java:
80)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.hb4gwt.HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter.invokeMethodOnService(HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
44)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.processCall(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
316)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
85)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.handleRequest(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
386)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.handle(HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.java:
49)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:
874)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javassist.ClassPath
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:
1360)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:
1206)
... 29 more

Then i tinked: it's possible it wants javassist library? if i copy
javassist.jar under WEB-INF/lib, on request service (after about a
minute)
i got another error:
GRAVE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
java.lang.RuntimeException:
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException:
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.handleExporterProcessingException(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
368)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.processCall(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
337)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
85)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.handleRequest(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
386)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.handle(HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.java:
49)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:
874)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException:
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serializeWithCustomSerializer(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:
660)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serializeImpl(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:
624)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serialize(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:
558)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.writeObject(AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.java:
82)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter
$ValueWriter$8.write(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:89)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serializeValue(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:
473)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponse(RPC.java:573)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForSuccess(RPC.java:
441)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.hb4gwt.HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter.invokeMethodOnService(HB4GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
47)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.processCall(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
316)
... 21 more
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serializeWithCustomSerializer(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:
645)
... 30 more
Caused by: com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException: Type
'[Ljava.lang.Object;' was not included in the set of types which can
be serialized by this SerializationPolicy or its Class object could
not be loaded. For security purposes, this type will not be
serialized.
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.StandardSerializationPolicy.validateSerialize(StandardSerializationPolicy.java:
83)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serialize(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:
556)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.writeObject(AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.java:
82)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.core.java.util.ArrayList_CustomFieldSerializer.serialize(ArrayList_CustomFieldSerializer.java:
43)
... 35 more
10-mag-2008 10.11.52 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
[...]

It's strange: it refers to GWTRPCServiceExporter, but i do not use it.
Help!!!!!!!!!

On 10 Mag, 07:01, George Georgovassilis <g.georgovassi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey _panic_, you are almost there. Now, if you mapped the URL to
> HB4GWTRPCService instead of anagraficheService it should work, that is
>
> <entry key="/AnagraficheService" value-ref="HB4GWTRPCService" />
>
> _panic_ wrote:
> > Ok, i've follow the needed steps but getting same error.
>
> > 1) My interface service extends RemoteService
> > 2) Its implementations is a normal implementation of an interface (no
> > using HibernateRemoteService)
> > 3) I use SimpleUrlHandlerMapping as follows:
> > <bean id="urlMapping"
> > class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping">
> > <property name="mappings">
> > <map>
> > <entry key="/AnagraficheService" value-ref="anagraficheService" />
> > </map>
> > </property>
> > </bean>
>
> > 4) For others, i follow thw steps as view athttp://gwt-widget.sourceforge.net/?q=node/49
>
> leggi tutto

_panic_

May 10, 2008, 11:00:14 AM5/10/08
to gwt-sl
What do you think, George?
> at...
>
> leggi tutto

_panic_

May 10, 2008, 8:30:17 PM5/10/08
to gwt-sl
Anyone can help me??

> leggi tutto

George Georgovassilis

May 11, 2008, 2:32:48 PM5/11/08
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
Including javassist was the right choice, paying attention to class not
found exceptions is how one traces down all missing dependencies. Now,
about the error saying that Object cannot be serialized: it means that
at some point your service expects as a method argument or returns as a
method return value a class that does neither a) implement Serializable
nor b) belongs to the basic supported types in the GWT emulation. Thus
at least there you must double-check your objects and make sure they
implement Serializable.