Out of Memory with Gilead

seth waughn

Nov 18, 2009, 12:48:54 AM11/18/09
to gwt-sl
I am getting the following exception whenever I try to pass a certain
objects back to by GWT Client Code. Has anyone encountered this
before? An ideas as how to fix it?

Exception in thread "Thread-34" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space at java.lang.String.(String.java:174) at
net.sf.gilead.core.serialization.Base64.encodeToString(Base64.java:
451) at
net.sf.gilead.core.serialization.JBossProxySerialization.serialize
(JBossProxySerialization.java:81) at
net.sf.gilead.core.store.stateless.SerializationThread.run
(SerializationThread.java:133) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

George Georgovassilis

Nov 18, 2009, 3:17:41 AM11/18/09
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
Hello Seth,

No, have not seen it. What object is being serialized? How much free
memory has your JVM before serializing that object? You also might try
the gilead forum for help on this.

seth waughn

Nov 18, 2009, 3:33:05 AM11/18/09
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
George,

I raised the heap size to -Xmx1024m but still got the error. Just could be the object is too big. From the hibernate stats I collected, only 300-350 objects were being loaded.