gwt-sl-0.1.4d.jar - java.lang.NoSuchMethodException

indiehill

Mar 6, 2008, 4:44:03 AM3/6/08
to gwt-sl
Hi all,

I may have missed something obvious here, but I simply replaced my old
gwt-sl.jar with the new gwt-sl-0.1.4d.jar. I need to do this to get
more specific exceptions back to the client from the GWTHandler.
Something is amiss though because I continue to get the exception
pasted below when I make any RPC call. I have a small hunch that it
could be my spring version (2.0.0) but need to clarify because of the
rework involved in updating. Any chance someone may be able to shed
some light? All suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.handleExporterProcessingException(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
368)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.processCall(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
337)
at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
187)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.handleRequest(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
386)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.handle(HttpRequestHandlerAdapter.java:
49)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:
859)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:
793)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:
476)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:
441)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
290)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
206)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
230)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:
175)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
128)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:
104)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
109)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
261)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:581)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.ReflectionUtils.getRPCMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:
107)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.getMethodToInvoke(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
297)
at
org.gwtwidgets.server.spring.GWTRPCServiceExporter.processCall(GWTRPCServiceExporter.java:
312)
... 21 more

indiehill

Mar 6, 2008, 4:47:46 AM3/6/08
to gwt-sl
sorry I am actually using spring 2.0.6

cheers

mike

George Georgovassilis

Mar 6, 2008, 4:54:13 AM3/6/08
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mike

The exception could be more descriptive, I added a fix for this. It seems asif RPC requests a method on your service which is not declared in any of the service interfaces. If you show us some code maybe we can help you more...

indiehill

Mar 6, 2008, 2:50:02 PM3/6/08
to gwt-sl
Hi George, thanks for the reply. I will post the code up tonight but I
am afraid I don't think this is the answer. See the RPC calls work
fine with the old GWT-SL.jar, its only when I remove this from my WEB-
INF/lib and drop in the new jar that this becomes an issue. If I had
RPC methods that were not included in my service interface would the
older sever library jar have failed too, or are there new constraints
in the latest version?

Your replies are much appreciated as I know you answer a million posts
a day.

Cheers.

Mike

On Mar 6, 10:54 pm, "George Georgovassilis"
<g.georgovassi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mike
>
> The exception could be more descriptive, I added a fix for this. It seems
> asif RPC requests a method on your service which is not declared in any of
> the service interfaces. If you show us some code maybe we can help you
> more...

George Georgovassilis

Mar 6, 2008, 5:32:12 PM3/6/08
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
On a busy day, it's maybe two posts :-)
Well, we've got our unit tests which this release passes, I have a production system where I try the new SL before releasing it and it works there too,so I see no reason in theory why it shouldn't work. Some code and the xml configuration would definately be helpful.
Message has been deleted