Best Practices for creating CRUD functionality with GWTP

Jason Morris

Mar 9, 2015, 10:36:03 PM3/9/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
The regular GWT docs are really poor in documenting best practices for building CRUD functionality. I suspect everyone has their own homegrown solutions.
I just want a simple form based view that scrolls|pages through a data source (e.g. JSON or XML), and allows create, update, delete, and retrieve/search functionality.
Building the form is easy. What I need are examples of best practices for binding the data source to the view and wiring up the rest of the functionality.

Any suggestions??

Cheers,
Jason

Christian Goudreau

Mar 11, 2015, 9:03:48 AM3/11/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
We're mostly using Editors from GWT: http://www.gwtproject.org/doc/latest/DevGuideUiEditors.html

There's a learning curve to it, but once mastered, it really does the job. On top of it, the validation part is based on JSR 303.

For JSON bean serialization/deserialization, we're using behind Rest-Dispatch GWT-Jackson.

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Jason Morris

Mar 11, 2015, 9:31:26 AM3/11/15
to gwt-platform
Thanks Christian... I was afraid you were going to suggest using the Editor framework! lol
Yet another framework... like the movie Groundhog Day... it just never ends.

I'll have another look at it.

Jason C. Morris | PhD Candidate
Department of Environmental Sciences | Faculty of Agriculture and Environment
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, NSW, 2006
phone: +61 02 8627 1152

Christian Goudreau

Mar 11, 2015, 9:39:25 AM3/11/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
At the very least, it's part of GWT :D There's also HTML templating that looks promising in Singular, but that is far from being out and Validation will still need to be done somehow.

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Arpit Tripathi

Mar 11, 2015, 2:21:47 PM3/11/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Any resources/examples on using Editor Framework with GWTP?

Christian Goudreau

Mar 12, 2015, 2:15:47 PM3/12/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
I do not have a lot of open source examples, but you can use editors inside the view.

Just remember that you trigger edit from the presenter to the view as well as calling flush.

for example: User click on save -> goes to the presenter onClick then presenter calls getView().flush();

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président