Streaming support with REST delegates

Casey Jordan

Jun 18, 2015, 11:18:59 AM6/18/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to support streaming a response with the REST Delegates?

In my case, I simply want to stream a binary/xml document at a particular rest endpoint. IE api/{file}/content

Thanks

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
(585) 348 7399
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.

Maxime Mériouma-Caron

Jun 26, 2015, 10:10:02 AM6/26/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, this isn't implemented yet. Do you want to stream it to trigger a download?

Casey Jordan

Jun 26, 2015, 11:01:10 AM6/26/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Not specifically, I just need to stream it to the client because some files may be very large (several GB), and loading them in memory would not be possible. What the client or web browser does to handle the stream might be different for each type of file etc.  Some clients might trigger a download.

Would it be possible to just have a custom mapping for the rest servlet that let me interact with the HTTP response directly?

Thanks!