What's happened to GWTP Tabs?

Mark Duesbury

Apr 1, 2016, 10:08:38 AM4/1/16
to GWTP
Why was all the tab functionality removed a commit on Mar 4 .. Remove tabs and title related code.

Is a replacement for the removed tab functionality on the way, or is GWTP no longer going to support tabs in the future.

Mark

Christopher Viel

Apr 4, 2016, 11:32:56 AM4/4/16
to GWTP
Hi Mark,

I removed those features because we feel there are better ways to achieve the same goals without the added complexity to GWTP's core. We didn't reach a decision as to whether the feature will be replaces and how. Our early talks pointed to a set of utilities rather than core features: I wouldn't take that as a confirmation of any sort though.

At this time the master branch is what will eventually become GWTP 2.0. The decision to strip some features is also to simplify the core so we can improve and rework the source code. I don't think there is too much to be concerned about yet: 2.0 is still quite far away and anything we remove may still get re-added in one way or another.

Thanks for following the development of GWTP!