IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.2 - Cannot create GWTP Project

Peter Taucher

Dec 17, 2014, 5:26:42 AM12/17/14
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have trouble setting up a GWTP project with IntelliJ.
Please have a look at the screenshot 'plugin' ... it states version 1.0.0 -> Is this correct?

I'm trying to create a new project like in the video tutorial with:
File -> New Project -> GWTP -> 1.7 as Project SDK -> Next -> GWTP Basic Archetype (see second screenshot)

All I get is an empty project and the popup 'Error generating project. 103'
In the IntelliJIDEA log file following exception is present:

2014-12-17 11:06:10,338 [4208941]  ERROR - tartup.impl.StartupManagerImpl - null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.jetbrains.idea.maven.utils.MavenUtil$2.fun(MavenUtil.java:245)
    at org.jetbrains.idea.maven.utils.MavenUtil$2.fun(MavenUtil.java:243)
    at com.intellij.util.containers.ContainerUtil.map(ContainerUtil.java:1628)
    at org.jetbrains.idea.maven.utils.MavenUtil.collectPaths(MavenUtil.java:243)
    at org.jetbrains.idea.maven.project.MavenProjectsManager.initNew(MavenProjectsManager.java:187)
    at org.jetbrains.idea.maven.project.MavenProjectsManager.addManagedFilesWithProfiles(MavenProjectsManager.java:486)
    at org.jetbrains.idea.maven.project.MavenProjectsManager.addManagedFiles(MavenProjectsManager.java:494)
    at com.arcbees.plugin.idea.moduletypes.CreateProjectBuilder.importProject(CreateProjectBuilder.java:125)
    at com.arcbees.plugin.idea.moduletypes.CreateProjectBuilder.moduleCreated(CreateProjectBuilder.java:102)

Question 1: Is it possible to use the plugin with IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.2 and Java 1.7 ?
Question 2: Are there any (other) prerequisites ?
2014-12-17_plugin.png
2014-12-17_new_gwtp_project.png

Julien Dramaix

Jan 7, 2015, 8:31:13 AM1/7/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
I think the plugin needs to be updated

Christian Goudreau

Jan 8, 2015, 9:42:59 AM1/8/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
At the moment, only the Eclipse plugin is up to date. Both plugins are contributions coming from community. I'm sorry, but for now, we don't have the manpower to commit to maintaining those great plugins.

@Brandon Donnelson, would you have some time to update? There has been a lot of great changes into the eclipse one that would be great in IntelliJ.

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Christian Goudreau

Jan 8, 2015, 10:17:27 AM1/8/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Well it seems like Maxime had some time :D

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Alexei Talankov

May 27, 2015, 6:36:21 AM5/27/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.
Got the same problem as Peter while trying to create GWTP project with same error and stacktrace. Project created without any structure. I'm using Java 8 and Idea 14.0.2. Plugin version is 1.2.0-beta4. As I understood plugin has been updated at the moment.

Christian Goudreau

May 27, 2015, 9:04:47 AM5/27/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexei,

Could you open an issue on the github project? We're going to plan some time to fix this.

Thanks,

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Alexei Talankov

May 27, 2015, 10:41:16 AM5/27/15