GWTP documentation example does not work. Where is the Builder object?

David Nouls

Dec 4, 2015, 8:43:02 AM12/4/15
to GWTP
I'm new to gwtp, so forgive me if I forgot something stupid.

I tried to follow the documentation here:

The first code snippet:
package com.mydomain.myproject.client; import com.gwtplatform.mvp.client.gin.AbstractPresenterModule; import com.gwtplatform.mvp.client.gin.DefaultModule; import com.gwtplatform.mvp.shared.proxy.RouteTokenFormatter; import com.mydomain.myproject.client.application.ApplicationModule; public class ClientModule extends AbstractPresenterModule { @Override protected void configure() { install(new Builder() .tokenFormatter(RouteTokenFormatter.class) .defaultPlace(NameTokens.HOME) .errorPlace(NameTokens.HOME) .unauthorizedPlace(NameTokens.HOME) .build()); install(new ApplicationModule()); } }

Is referring to a Builder class... but it is not available. Is the documentation inline with the 1.5 release or is already based on 1.6-SNAPSHOT (which I can not use right now - no maven access to the snapshot repo).
Or am I missing a maven dependency ? I only have this in my pom:

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.gwtplatform</groupId>
  <artifactId>gwtp-mvp-client</artifactId>
  <version>1.5</version>
  <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

David Nouls

Dec 4, 2015, 9:30:22 AM12/4/15
to GWTP
Found it! The Builder is defined in the DefaultModule.

The import statement in the documentation is wrong, it should be:
import com.gwtplatform.mvp.client.gin.DefaultModule.Builder;

Olivier Lafleur

Dec 7, 2015, 10:22:47 AM12/7/15
to GWTP
Thanks ! We are currently in the process of migrating our doc, so I did the modification in the new docs.