Question about the GWTP Tabs Sample

Asier

Mar 10, 2015, 5:59:36 AM3/10/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have a question about the GWTP Tabs Sample. In that app there's a "Home" main tab, and below two more tabs: News and Info, each one with it's place displayed in the second row of the tab structure.

The hierarchy is something like this:

ApplicationPresenter
-> HomePresenter (NonLeafTabContentProxy)
  -> *HomeNewsPresenter -> HomeInfoPresenter (both TabContentProxyPlace)

(*) Default presenter to reveal.

What's the best approach to have only one leaf tab, but with two presenters (master - detail), each one with it's own place?

Something like:
ApplicationPresenter
-> HomePresenter (NonLeafTabContentProxy)
  -> HomeNews (¿?)
 *HomeNewsList (ProxyPlace, Master)
  HomeNewsEdit (ProxyPlace, Detail)

(*) Default presenter to reveal.

Regards

Christian Goudreau

Mar 11, 2015, 9:40:18 AM3/11/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Master->Details

Master being like a submenu?

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Asier

Mar 11, 2015, 10:07:41 AM3/11/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Something like this:

/ *Items* \                       <- 1st row of the tab
------------------------------
 *Item list*    Item reports
<- 2nd row of the tab
------------------------------

A main tab Item with some childs in it's second row (Item list, item reports, etc - all are Presenter with @Nametoken). The "Item List" shows the typical items table (master), and when you select some item, the item edition (detail) presenter replaces the list presenter. In other words, theres no "Edit item" entry in the second row of the tab.

I'm asking this because I have a weird problem: in classic development mode the item list presenter displays ok (it's de default place when the user logs in the application), but in superdev mode or once compiled & deployed no presenter is displayed - the browser only displays the first row of tab widget (the "Items" label), a collapsed second row, and empty content in the presenter area.

If the user reloads the application pressing <F5> then the item list presenter is displayed. Then, until the user closes it's session (it can last serveral days) the tabs & presenters are correctly displayed, but when he logs again, the same problem.

I have this structure:
MainPagePresenter (root presenter)
  MainItemsTabPresenter (NonLeafTabContentProxy) - the "Items" label in the first row
    -> ItemsPresenter (NonLeafTabContentProxy) - this holds the "Item list" label in the second row
      -> ItemListPresenter (ProxyPlace)
      -> EditItemPresenter (ProxyPlace)

I don't know where is the problem - in classic dev mode presenters are displayed, but compiled & superdev no

regards

Christian Goudreau

Mar 12, 2015, 2:10:39 PM3/12/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Our usual approach for tabs is to use gQuery + CSS. Basically each tab are links and using gQuery, we set the active link depending on the current place request. A lot simpler.

Is your goal to have something similar to this: http://dev.arcbees.com/gwtp/ ?

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Asier

Oct 30, 2015, 2:07:46 PM10/30/15
to GWTP
Hi

Well, a bit late, but found the problem some weeks after this message.

It wasn't a bug of the GWTP Tabs: a somewhat hidden NullPointerException revealed by a in the PreBootstrapper GWT.setUncaughtExceptionHandler was the problem.

Regards