best tutorial to learn basic architecture

Michael Easter

Mar 5, 2015, 7:08:17 AM3/5/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about GWTP. I'm new to both GWTP and even GWT.

The documentation mentions PuzzleBazar, but that project uses GWTP 0.6-SNAPSHOT and doesn't build for me.

Karaka looks more useful but is a bit large for a GWTP tutorial, with many other technologies involved.

Aside from the Getting Started documentation, what is a current project that can be used as a tutorial? Do you recommend CarStore ? Note that I'm not interested in new features so much as basic architecture for newbies.

thanks
Michael Easter

ps. I learned of GWTP via the GWTBootstrap3 Demo.

pps. The About page refers to Google's Recommended Approach, but that is a dead link :-(

Christian Goudreau

Mar 5, 2015, 8:05:07 AM3/5/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
CarStore is a good start, there may be more than what you want, for example you can forget about everything that is in "rebind" and about column intializer which is related to a workshop I dit at GWT.Create in 2013: https://christiangoudreau.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/how-to-efficiently-write-gwt-generators/

CarStore is also up to date with trunk and is following it, so you'll always get some exemple of new stuff. For more more simple examples I suggest to take a look at the samples: https://github.com/ArcBees/GWTP-Samples/tree/master/gwtp-samples

I've updated some of the links, thanks! I know our Documentation needs some love, but don't hesitate to send contribution. It's on our roadmap, but there's a lot to do to release GWTP 2.0 as well :D

Cheers,

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président

Michael Easter

Mar 10, 2015, 4:04:53 PM3/10/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Christian... very good stuff.

Readers, note also there is good stuff on YouTube, such as this series

Christian Goudreau

Mar 10, 2015, 4:11:08 PM3/10/15
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Yes Dani's work is really awesome! I hope we'll have time to do more recent ones for this summer :D

In the meanwhile, I've just shared a post about GAE-Studio being open source, you might want to take a look at the source code there as well:

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président