MaterialGWT Modal - adding 3rd party components to the document

James Walker

Apr 19, 2017, 10:18:00 AM4/19/17
to GWTP
Hi,

I've been using a PopupPresenter for a JQuery styled dialog in a project and have decided to give MaterialGWT a try instead.

Most things in the project cut over easily, but one thing that is currently giving me grief is using a MaterialDialog.

I've a PresenterWidget + associated View, where the View contains a MaterialDialog.
The normal pattern for such a component is to call ModalDialog.showModal to make it appear.  I've tried calling this after the presenter is added to the PopupSlot, amongst other things.

This fails at runtime, erroring due to the MaterialModal objecting that it is not yet added to the document.

So - my question - is there a pattern for this kind of activity - in which I have a 3rd party component that has its own activation process?
The question could also be 'how do I add a 3rd party component to the document in a way that works in with the place change mechanisms of GWTP"?

Thanks for any pointers.