GWTP Plugin

Daniel Colchete

Jun 7, 2011, 8:34:44 AM6/7/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I'm new to GWTP, but not to GWT. I just downloaded and installed the GWTP Plugin for Eclipse. I get started I just created a new project and tried to run it but it is giving me the following error:

On the browser:
EntryPoint initialization exception
Exception while loading module tc.cloud3.test1.client.Test1. See Development Mode for details.
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:503) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:375) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:183) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:510) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

On Eclipse:
09:31:54.654 [ERROR] [test1] Binding requested for constant key Key[type=java.lang.String, annotation=@tc.cloud3.test1.client.place.DefaultPlace] but no explicit binding was found.

Since I didn't do anything at all with the project I expected it to work. What is the next step here?

Best,
--
Dani
Cloud3 Tech - http://cloud3.tc/

Philippe Beaudoin

Jun 7, 2011, 8:39:16 AM6/7/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
I don't know. What you describe worked on the systems I tested this on, so I suspect some environment issue. We still need to document precisely what is needed for the plugin to work seamlessly. If you want to help, I could take a look at your entire project and see if it works here. Just zip the directory and send it over. If it fails, I may be able to figure out why.

Thanks!

   Philippe

Daniel Colchete

Jun 7, 2011, 8:55:51 AM6/7/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that was fast. I'm all in on the helping part.

Those are the exact steps I took to reproduce the problem:
1 - Click the GWTP icon on Eclipse and select GWTP Project
2 - Use "Test2" as the project's name and tc.cloud3.test2 as package.
3 - Click Finish
4 - Open Test2.java on tc.cloud3.test2.client.
5 - Select menu Run > Run As > Web application
6 - Point Firefox to http://127.0.0.1:8888/Test2.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997

Then the error shows up. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04, Eclipse 3.6 downloaded from their website.

After the error I closed the project on Eclipse and zipped the folder. You can download the zip file from http://cloud3.tc/Test2.zip (5.0MB).

Thanks for the help!

Best,
Dani

Philippe Beaudoin

Jun 7, 2011, 9:25:19 AM6/7/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dani,

Ahah! I failed to understand that the error came up upon connection. This is normal. You actually have to create at least one presenter in your system. You can do this very simply:
Then edit TestView.ui.xml to show whatever you want.

Naturally, building a full MVP app is a bit more complex, but the plugin makes it surprisingly fast to layout the groundwork for it!

   Philippe

Daniel Colchete

Jun 7, 2011, 9:48:32 AM6/7/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philippe,

it worked! Thank you very much for your help. This is the very first time I'm trying anything past GWT 1.5.3, so I'm sorry for the dummy question. Just getting started with GWTP...

All the boilerplate code that one would have to write to do GWT with MVP before GWTP and GWTP Plugin was what was holding me back. By the rhythm things were going before very soon we would have to create n classes and m interfaces in GWT for every button/label/textbox/etc we would use if we wanted to do GWT+MVP. Joking :-). GWTP and GWTP Plugin is what made me choose GWT again, it seems to be simple to use and yet very powerful. Thank you!

Thanks again!

Best,
Dani

Christian Goudreau

Jun 7, 2011, 9:49:54 AM6/7/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Don't hesitate to send suggestion for the plugin ! :D We would be really happy to have feedback on that new feature of GWTP.

Cheers,
--
Christian Goudreau

dindeman

Jun 7, 2011, 8:52:24 PM6/7/11
to GWTP
Hi guys.

Any idea why I'm getting this http://imgur.com/14m3L?full when
attempting to download/install the plugin?

Cheers.
Luc

On Jun 7, 8:49 pm, Christian Goudreau <goudreau.christ...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > --
> > Dani
> > Cloud3 Tech -http://cloud3.tc/
>
> --
> Christian Goudreauwww.arcbees.com

Philippe Beaudoin

Jun 7, 2011, 10:06:32 PM6/7/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
No idea, the file name matches the one currently in the repo! Maybe you can try "reloading" the update site? There is an option for this when you follow the "add update sites" link or something like this.

   Philippe

dindeman

Jun 8, 2011, 2:52:41 AM6/8/11
to GWTP
Gosh, I'm hitting the wall these days!

I can't get Eclipse to d/l and install the plugin correctly but would
there be a way for me to install it manually?

Cheers.

On Jun 8, 9:06 am, Philippe Beaudoin <philippe.beaud...@gmail.com>

Philippe Beaudoin

Jun 8, 2011, 5:06:22 AM6/8/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Sure! Just get the jar from:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/source/browse?repo=plugin#hg%2Fupdate%2Fplugins
and put it in your Eclipse dropin folder. (You may need the feature jar too, but I don't think so.)

   Philippe

Daniel Colchete

Jun 8, 2011, 8:31:57 AM6/8/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Luc,

do you have the Google Plugin for Eclipse working correctly on your Eclipse? Sorry if this is too basic but it doesn't hurt asking...

Best,
Dani

dindeman

Jun 8, 2011, 12:35:53 PM6/8/11
to GWTP
Well I found this inside the feature.xml:

<import plugin="org.eclipse.core.runtime" version="3.6.0"
match="greaterOrEqual"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.debug.ui" version="3.6.1"
match="greaterOrEqual"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.jdt.core" version="3.6.1"
match="greaterOrEqual"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.jdt.ui" version="3.6.1"
match="greaterOrEqual"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.jface.text" version="3.6.1"
match="greaterOrEqual"/>
<import plugin="org.eclipse.ui" version="3.6.1" match="greaterOrEqual"/

<import plugin="org.eclipse.ui.ide" version="3.6.1"
match="greaterOrEqual"/>

... and I'm on Eclipse Galileo (3.5)
So I guess I'm due to upgrade from Galileo (3.5) to Helios (3.6), not
sure what's the best way to do this.

On Jun 8, 7:31 pm, Daniel Colchete <d...@cloud3.tc> wrote:
> Luc,
>
> do you have the Google Plugin for Eclipse working correctly on your Eclipse?
> Sorry if this is too basic but it doesn't hurt asking...
>
> Best,
> Dani
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Philippe Beaudoin <
>

> philippe.beaud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sure! Just get the jar from:
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/source/browse?repo=plugin#hg%2F...
> > and put it in your Eclipse dropin folder. (You may need the feature jar
> > too, but I don't think so.)
>
> >    Philippe
>
> >> cloud3.tc/Test2.zip(5.0MB) <http://cloud3.tc/Test2.zip%285.0MB%29>.

Philippe Beaudoin

Jun 9, 2011, 9:25:11 AM6/9/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
I think Galileo plugin management is slightly different, so we're not going to support it. I've added a note to the wiki though, thanks for pointing it out.

Personally, I upgrade Eclipse simply by dowloading a fresh install and spending some time reinstalling the few plugins I need. I feel I need a fresh environment once in a while. :)  Your projects will all still work, naturally, as workspace configuration is saved in the workspace directory itself.

dindeman

Jun 10, 2011, 3:08:41 AM6/10/11
to GWTP
Sure, that's what I'm about to do.
I have tried to upgrade Eclipse from Galileo to Helios but it's
leading to many dependencies issues, let's go for the fresh install
then!

Thank you.

On Jun 9, 8:25 pm, Philippe Beaudoin <philippe.beaud...@gmail.com>

java4africa

Aug 3, 2011, 2:38:43 AM8/3/11
to GWTP
I also ran into this same problem - and got something working with
your suggestion.

I would be nice if the Plugin generated a full/working project -
ideally with some dummy ui that can be displayed. The worst thing
about starting with GWT is how to figure out what is wrong when there
is an error. A full, running example really does help a lot to get up
and running.

Thanks for the great work.

On Jun 7, 3:25 pm, Philippe Beaudoin <philippe.beaud...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
Message has been deleted

Frank Contreras

Aug 4, 2011, 2:59:38 PM8/4/11
to GWTP
I agree, maybe a gwtp-sample-basic in "Create a GWTP Project"
function.

Cheers..

Tom Fishman

Aug 6, 2011, 12:30:09 AM8/6/11
to GWTP
I was expecting "Configuring your build environment" (http://
code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/wiki/BoilerplateGeneration) is
automatically done by the wizard/plugin.

I need to manually fix it now.

Thanks!
Tom

On Jun 7, 6:49 am, Christian Goudreau <goudreau.christ...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > --
> > Dani

Christian Goudreau

Aug 13, 2011, 2:36:12 PM8/13/11
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
Could anyone help me with the plugin, I don't get why my updates into the repository doesn't shows up in eclipse... I do the same thing as I used to do, I don't get it :(

Thanks,

--
Christian Goudreau

Christian Goudreau