Error

jahid

May 20, 2008, 3:25:29 PM5/20/08
to gwt-maven
From the Files part I have downloaded the sample application. But when
I do "mvn clean && mvn install -e" i get below given error ---

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to
merge web.xml
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
564)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
480)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
459)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
311
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
278)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
143)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
333)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:
126)
at
39)
at
25)
at
at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Unable to
merge web.xml
at
com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.MergeWebXmlMojo.execute(MergeWebXmlMojo.java:
91)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
447)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
539)
... 16 more
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:574)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:
650)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:
186)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:
771)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:
737)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:
107)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:
1205)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:453)
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:891)
at
com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.support.GwtWebInfProcessor.getWebXml(GwtWebInfProcessor.java:
210)
at
com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.support.GwtWebInfProcessor.insertServlets(GwtWebInfProcessor.java:
222)
at
com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.support.GwtWebInfProcessor.process(GwtWebInfProcessor.java:
288)
at
com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.MergeWebXmlMojo.execute(MergeWebXmlMojo.java:
88)
... 18 more
[INFO]

Also, I tried to do "mvn gwt:compile" and "mvn gwt:gwt" but seems like
none of those commands are not present

Any idea?

Regards,

Jahid

Charlie Collins

May 21, 2008, 7:59:07 AM5/21/08
to gwt-maven
Depends where are you are trying those goals from. Please read the
README.txt file that comes with the sample (http://gwt-
maven.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/maven-googlewebtoolkit2-sample/) -
issuing the commands in there as noted for each sub-project (or for
the parent) should work just fine - and it should serve to demonstrate
the way GWT-Maven works pretty well in general so you can apply those
concepts to your own projects.

If you are in the parent and you issue "mvn clean install" and it
doesn't work, then, yes, we have a problem, but from there it should
not fail on mergewebxml. Please confirm you are following the
instructions, or provide more info (which project, parent or sub, if
sub which sub?).

awal

May 22, 2008, 7:30:52 AM5/22/08
to gwt-maven
I think it is http://code.google.com/p/gwt-maven/issues/detail?id=91
once again.
Jahid does your project folder contain spaces?

Charlie, a month ago you have put a comment in this issue that it
should be soon looked at.
Is it possible you finally fixed it, especially that it should require
changing only one line, as described here
http://groups.google.com/group/gwt-maven/browse_thread/thread/138ffe67dbd598d1/4aae58c613952b2b#4aae58c613952b2b

Regards,
Adam

Charlie Collins

May 22, 2008, 9:09:19 AM5/22/08
to gwt-maven
First, thanks for helping and noting the issue, it indeed may be
related to spaces.

Second, as to whether or not I have "finally" fixed it, no, I
haven't. As I commented on that issue though, some time back, we have
had several new contributors come on to the project who were
interested in working on windows spacing issues. I haven't seen any
movement yet, but several people expressed interest and hopefully it
will get handled soon. (I think it is more involved than that one-
liner, though that may also help, there are several areas where spaces
can cause problems - and in fact they are issues with several Maven
plugins, not just GWT-Maven.)

For now, yes could be spaces - workaround, avoid spaces - long term
solution, it will get addressed by someone that has Windows and can
test it.