NullPointerException on compile

1 view

wammy

May 16, 2008, 9:10:48 AM5/16/08
to gwt-maven
Hi,

I am trying out the plugin and getting the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:222)
at
com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.AbstractGWTMojo.buildClasspathList(AbstractGWTMojo.java:
325)
at
com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.ScriptWriterWindows.writeCompileScript(ScriptWriterWindows.java:
90)
at com.totsp.mavenplugin.gwt.CompileMojo.execute(CompileMojo.java:52)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:
577)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
498)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmentForProject(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
265)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
191)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
149)
at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute_aroundBody0(DefaultMaven.java:
223)
at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultMaven.java:
304)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:1)
at
org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute_aroundBody2(MavenEmbedder.java:
903)
at
org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute_aroundBody3$advice(MavenEmbedder.java:
304)
at org.apache.maven.embedder.MavenEmbedder.execute(MavenEmbedder.java:
1)

I am using 2.0-beta18. Is this a known issues?

Charlie Collins

May 16, 2008, 3:45:58 PM5/16/08
to gwt-maven
Not a known issue at all, no. Sorry you are having problems though,
post more info and maybe we can help (what does the POM look like,
etc).

peter.d...@gmail.com

May 19, 2008, 5:28:53 AM5/19/08
to gwt-maven
Hi,

I'm having the exact same exception, alsu using the 2.0 beta18 - using
the Auto Configuration. I'll try some older versions. A quick look at
the source seems to tell that the GWT home variable is not set ?

Peter

peter.d...@gmail.com

May 20, 2008, 5:56:36 AM5/20/08
to gwt-maven
The reason I had this message is because I tried invoking mvn
gwt :-) , wammy - try running mvn install
I should have read more careful.

On May 19, 11:28 am, "peter.de.kos...@gmail.com"

Charlie Collins

May 20, 2008, 6:33:08 AM5/20/08
to gwt-maven
You can also use mvn gwt:gwt or gwt:compile, etc, but not just gwt on
it's own - though Maven/or the plugin, should handle that better and
not end up NPE where it did. That's confusing, I will try to clean up
the no goal failure if it's something the plugin can handle.

On May 20, 5:56 am, "peter.de.kos...@gmail.com"

Charlie Collins

May 20, 2008, 8:25:56 AM5/20/08
to gwt-maven
Also, just for the record, I tried 2.0-beta18 today on a fresh Ubuntu
machine (didn't even *have* maven before it was apt-get installed,
etc), and it worked fine. I used the sample app and "mvn install"
from the root. I also ran mvn gwt:gwt from the war projec, it also ran
fine (after I installe libstdc++5, not related to GWT-Maven though,
that's just a GWT/Moz thing on Linux).