Maven2 and svn PLEASE HELP

Bipul

Oct 29, 2008, 11:23:14 PM10/29/08
to gwt-maven
Hi,
I am new to Maven2 and svn.
I created a Project via maven and would like to add the complete
project in subversion by pom.xml
I am able to connect to svn and list files in my repository but when
try to and my folder to the repository i get the following error

mvn -e scm:add

Embedded error: Exception while executing SCM command.
You must provide at least one file/directory to add
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Cannot run add
command :
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
583)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
512)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.scm.ScmException: You must provide at
least one file/directory to add
at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.svn.svnexe.command.add.SvnAddCommand.executeAddCommand(SvnAddCommand.java:
59)
at
org.apache.maven.scm.command.add.AbstractAddCommand.executeCommand(AbstractAddCommand.java:
46)
at
org.apache.maven.scm.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:
59)

Charlie Collins

Oct 30, 2008, 3:10:03 PM10/30/08
to gwt-maven
Use SVN outside of Maven. Maven can use SVN as one of of it's source
control management providers, but that's really just for build and
deploy tagging, pushing, etc.

If you just want to add some files to SVN, or import a project, use
the SVN commands on their own.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

(And neither of these is really a GWT-Maven topic, if you need more
support you might try some general Maven or SVN mailing lists.)