ToolTip showAt(x,y) method

avadh

Oct 26, 2008, 3:57:14 PM10/26/08
to GWT-Ext Developer Forum
Hi All,

I am trying to use the ToolTip's showAt(x,y) method to show the
tooltip at desired location (x,y). But I get the following exception
from ext-js:

[ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError):
this.targetXY has no properties
fileName: http://localhost:8080/js/ext/ext-all.js
lineNumber: 96
stack: (236,296)@http://localhost:8080/js/ext/ext-all.js:96
(236,296)@http://localhost:8080/js/ext/ext-all.js:62
(236,296)@http://localhost:8080/js/ext/ext-all.js:62
([object Array])@http://localhost:8080/js/ext/ext-all.js:95
call([object Object],[object Array])@:0
([object Array])@http://localhost:8080/js/ext/ext-all.js:96
(236,296)@jar:file:/home/avadh/workspace/gwt/gwtext.jar!/com/gwtext/
client/widgets/Tip.java:132
static void
com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEvent(com.google.gwt.user.client.Event,com.google.gwt.user.client.Element,com.google.gwt.user.client.EventListener)
([object Event],[object HTMLDivElement],[object
gwt_nativewrapper_class])@:0
([object Event])@jar:file:/home/avadh/workspace/gwt/gwt-user.jar!/com/
google/gwt/user/client/impl/DOMImplStandard.java:197
@:0

at com.gwtext.client.widgets.Tip.showAt(Native Method)
at
com.softuse.done.client.LabelAddToolTip.showMe(LabelAddToolTip.java:
70)

This tooltip is not associated to any Panel. Is this the reason? Even
if I set a panel to this tool-tip it still gives me the same error.

Thanks in advance.