New release (3.8.2 or 4.0.0)?

Jankes

Mar 17, 2014, 12:53:32 PM3/17/14
to guz...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

my question is: are there any plans for guzzle 3.8.2 release? I noticed that new RC is 4.0.0. We need to use guzzle with a PR that has been merged after 3.8.1, but before 4.0.0-rc1 (namely: https://github.com/guzzle/guzzle/pull/585). Does it mean we need to prepare for upgrade to 4.0?

Thanks in advance for any hints how to handle this (currently we are considering pointing our composers to version "dev-master#045ade8" which has aforementioned fix and is still not merged with 4.0 branch).

Regards,
Jankes

Michael

Mar 20, 2014, 12:00:42 AM3/20/14
to guz...@googlegroups.com
Guzzle 3 development has moved to a different repo and I'll continue to maintain it with bugfixes: https://github.com/guzzle/guzzle3. I won't merge or add new features to Guzzle 3 after a 4.0 stable release is tagged. The Guzzle 3 documentation can now be found at http://guzzle3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/.

Guzzle 4 will be released soon, and you are free to start using it now or wait for the 4.0 stable release. You can use Guzzle 3 and 4 in the same project because Guzzle 4 uses a different namespace and a different Packagist package name. This makes it really easy for you to migrate as time allows.

-Michael

Jankes

Mar 28, 2014, 7:04:35 AM3/28/14
to guz...@googlegroups.com

Great news. Are there any plans for tagging 3.8.2 in near future?

Regards,
Jankes