Meetup-Api-Client attempt to update dependency from Guzzle 3 to Guzzle 6

Jason Khanlar

Mar 7, 2016, 8:24:01 PM3/7/16
to Guzzle - PHP HTTP client and REST client framework
I'm working on upgrading https://github.com/rdohms/meetup-api-client to be compatible with Guzzle 6.

Currently it uses Guzzle 3

For convenience, I'm also interested to discuss/collaborate in #guzzlephp on Freenode IRC network, but I duplicate my questions here also.

<clevodearia> Hi all. I am interested to use https://github.com/rdohms/meetup-api-client and have a working implementation using it, but ideally I'd like to also contribute to updating it to be compatible with guzzle 6.0
<clevodearia> As I begin, kind of it seems a bit overwhelming, but if I can work with others on such efforts, if anyone else is interested, I could probably be more effective in contributing.
<clevodearia> ping mtdowling carsonfull Davey greggles h4cc Igel Immutef MrXXIV naderman tapout thewisenerd TrafeX: Just curious, if anyone is active and has any time in the next few months to contribute related discussions/developments
<clevodearia> My use case scenario relates particularly to meetup api. I prepared a page to add to my site to harvest event data from 58 tech related communities near where I live, so I can easily identify what to attend and where on a single page, rather than manually searching meetup. Additionally, as I noticed the meetup-api-client is outdated, using deprecated guzzle 3, perhaps it can use some updates to be compatible with guzzlehttp 6
<clevodearia> hmm, in guzzle 3 Http/Client.php I see public function get($uri = null, $headers = null, $options = array()) { }.  I'm looking for the guzzle 6 implementation of this
<clevodearia> For example, in MeetupKeyAuthClient.php: $client = new self($configuration->get('base_uri'), $configuration);
<clevodearia> re: guzzle 3.9.3 (I changed base_url)
<clevodearia> how would I change that to be compatible with guzzle 6?
<clevodearia> hmm http://docs.guzzlephp.org/en/latest/request-options.html?highlight=getconfig

Jason Khanlar

Mar 7, 2016, 8:28:50 PM3/7/16
to Guzzle - PHP HTTP client and REST client framework
re: $clientHandler = $client->getConfig('handler'); if I'm working with $config == array("key" => "my meetup api key"); how can I prepare that data to be used in guzzle 6?
where $config is passed in $config = Collection::fromConfig($config, $default, $required); from guzzle 3