Intermittent Gurobi License Server Failure

Dan Mechanic

Feb 24, 2015, 4:41:07 PM2/24/15
to gur...@googlegroups.com

Hi;

I have a linux installation of Gurobi, and a Linux Gurobi Server.

I have a user running matlab that takes some of the example code from the Gurobi install (intlinprog.m & linprog_gurobi.m)  and runs it in a tight loop;  (see test_script.m & ptas_for_joint_opt.m)

The license server will function properly for the first couple of minutes, but then occasional failures will occur which makes the matlab program fail:

I ran  "watch -n .5 gurobi.cl --tokens'  on the same server running matlab and can see the tokens working for awhile and then failing (I've redacted server names and IPs):

Checking status of Gurobi token server 'SERVERNAMEREDACTED'...

Token server functioning normally.
Maximum allowed uses: 1024, current: 0

Checking status of Gurobi token server 'SERVERNAMEREDACTED'...

Token server functioning normally.
Maximum allowed uses: 1024, current: 1
Tokens currently in use...

Client HostName    Client IP Address    UserName
CLIENT_HOSTREDACTED         IP-REDACTED       USERNAME-REDACTED

Failed to connect to token server 'SERVERNAMEREDACTED' (port 41954).
Problem retrieving token server status
Failed to connect to token server 'SERVERNAMEREDACTED' (port 41954).
Problem retrieving token server status
Failed to connect to token server 'SERVERNAMEREDACTED' (port 41954).
Problem retrieving token server status
Failed to connect to token server 'SERVERNAMEREDACTED' (port 41954).
Problem retrieving token server status

Checking status of Gurobi token server 'SERVERNAMEREDACTED'...

Token server functioning normally.
Maximum allowed uses: 1024, current: 0

Any ideas?

In matlab is there a way to checkout 1 token for a complete session?  Is that the issue?

Thanks!

Best,
Dan Mechanic

intlinprog.m