bound not moving in a difficult model

moati

Apr 6, 2017, 4:35:36 PM4/6/17
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi,

I have what seems to be an extremely difficult model so I was setting the Heuristic parameter to 0.5 (sometimes I'd increase it to 0.8) and the MIPFocus to 3.

Still, the bound is moving very slow. In fact, it was stuck for almost 3.5 days!

Is there any way to speed the model optimization and get the bound to move faster.

Thanks,

P.S.: I am attaching the gurobi log file and if anyone is interested in my difficult model, I can send him/her the model directly
gurobi.log

Daniel Espinoza

Apr 6, 2017, 6:20:43 PM4/6/17
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi Moati,

Could you share the model?

Best
Daniel

moati

Apr 7, 2017, 12:37:45 PM4/7/17
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi,

It can be accessed via the below dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2tez2p6obdb5n1/Model_2.rar?dl=0

Thanks,

Daniel Espinoza

Apr 20, 2017, 4:05:16 PM4/20/17
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi Moati,

I've looked at the model, and indeed, the bound is moving slowly.
For the moment I can not say anything helpful, but if I find something that helps, I'll let you know

Best,
Daniel