Timeout Exception is Counted in Real-world time or clock time or ... ?

Tao Li

May 25, 2016, 10:35:36 PM5/25/16
to Gurobi Optimization
Hey,

So the problem I just found is that I made two runs of inference with the same timeout exception 60s.

1st run gave me "DBG: Gurobi took 90109ms";
2nd run gave me "DBG: Gurobi took 66822ms".

The 1st run got timeout exception while the 2nd run is okay.

This made me wonder if the timeout exception is subject to machine environment. If I am running some other programs that eat up a lot resources, will it affect Gurobi's timing ?

Thanks,
Tao

Renan Garcia

May 26, 2016, 8:46:41 AM5/26/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com

> If I am running some other programs that eat up a lot resources, will it affect Gurobi's timing ?

Yes. All those programs, including Gurobi, must share a finite amount of CPU/memory resources. You can use tools such as Task Manager on Windows or top on Linux to monitor the consumption of those resources.