GurobiError: Unknown attribute '__next__'

Sam Miller

Aug 24, 2016, 12:11:58 AM8/24/16
to Gurobi Optimization
Hello, I think there is an error somewhere in gurobi's variable  __getattr__.

When using gurobi w/ pandas like in the https://anaconda.org/mcg/portfolio/notebook

anytime I try to make a call that will print a pandas series or dataframe with a gurobi var in it

I get an error.

Sam

Aug 26, 2016, 5:14:19 AM8/26/16
to Gurobi Optimization
Solved by updating to python 3.5 and pandas 17.1.
I was using python 3.4.5 and pandas 16.2 suggesting there is a bug somewhere in the gurobipy code for that version in the conda package for 3.4
conda config --add channels http://conda.anaconda.org/gurobi

Whoever maintains that channel should probably remove the 3.4 version of gurobi if it isn't being maintained anymore.

Greg Glockner

Sep 15, 2016, 10:53:30 PM9/15/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
> I was using python 3.4.5 and pandas 16.2 suggesting there is a bug somewhere in the gurobipy code for that version in the conda package for 3.4
> conda config --add channels http://conda.anaconda.org/gurobi.

Correct, Gurobi Optimizer 6.5.2 only has conda packages for Python 2.7 and 3.5.