URGENT HELP: Cannot find environment variable GUROBI_HOME?

Rauf

Oct 8, 2015, 5:41:30 AM10/8/15
to Gurobi Optimization

Hello everyone,

I am trying to optimize a model in matlab using gurobi605. I have installed gurobi605, license key and set variables in matlab path. When i am trying to compile gurobi mex in matlab as per http://www.convexoptimization.com/wikimization/index.php/Gurobi_Mex:_A_MATLAB_interface_for_Gurobi#Download.2C_Installation.2C_and_Limitations guidelines i am getting following error. If anyone can help me out.
OS - Ubuntu14.04, 64bit
Matlab: R2012a, 64bit

Thanks
Rauf

>> compile_mex
Have you run "mex -setep" to set up a C compiler for Matlab? Y/N [Y]: y
Error using compile_mex (line 33)
Cannot find environment variable GUROBI_HOME

when i am typing it gives empty string.

>> getenv('GUROBI_HOME')

ans =

     ''

Sonja Mars

Oct 8, 2015, 5:51:14 AM10/8/15
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rauf,

Sorry, we don't provide support for Gurobi_Mex. This is not one of our tools. You might want to take a look at our own Matlab Interface: http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/6.0/quickstart_windows/matlab_interface.html

Thanks and best regards,
Sonja

Rauf

Oct 9, 2015, 2:40:46 AM10/9/15
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi Sonja,
Thank you for your reply. I was expecting some help or suggestions.

Sonja Mars

Oct 9, 2015, 2:47:22 AM10/9/15
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rauf,

Please note: Gurobi Mex hasn't been updated in almost 4 years (Nov 16, 2011) and the first line of the link you provided states the following:

"Gurobi Mex is a free MATLAB interface for Gurobi 2, 3, and 4..."

So I guess Gurobi Mex will just not work with Gurobi 6.0.5. You will have to contact Wotao Yin, the author of Gurobi Mex, for further support.

I am very sorry that we cannot help. However, using the Gurobi Matlab Interface should be a good workaround.

Best regards,

Ab Rauf Shah

Oct 9, 2015, 8:26:43 AM10/9/15
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mars,
If i install gurobi 4.6, can i get its license key? if there is any way i can install older version below gurobi 5 and can activate same?

Thanks
Rauf

Regards
Ab Rauf Shah

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gurobi Optimization" group.

Greg Glockner

Oct 9, 2015, 9:33:58 AM10/9/15
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, for academic use, we only support the current version. Older versions are only available for commercial customers.