use of academic license on a personal laptop

moati

Jul 17, 2017, 6:21:40 PM7/17/17
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi,

I was trying to activate an academic license on my personal laptop from my home and got an error that my IP address doesn't belong to academic domain.

Is there any workaround or do I have to activate it while being connected to my university domain?

Thanks,
Moati

Tobias Achterberg

Jul 17, 2017, 6:24:13 PM7/17/17
to gur...@googlegroups.com
You have to activate it while being connected to your university domain. But
this you only need to do once. Then, you can disconnect and also use it from home.

Regards,

Tobias

jfl...@ucsb.edu

Jul 20, 2017, 9:45:25 AM7/20/17
to Gurobi Optimization
If your university has a VPN, you could connect via that and activate.

Cheers
Jason

moati

Aug 22, 2017, 2:01:46 PM8/22/17