Successful activation of academic license but why does the program doesn't start?

Antonios Georgantas

Oct 13, 2016, 1:58:00 AM10/13/16
to Gurobi Optimization
Dear Community,

today I wanted to install the Gurobi Optimizer. I installed, activated the academic license, but when I double-click on the Gurobi optimizer to start ,but this is what it happens. a message starting with

gurobi>

appears and I don't know what to type to install it. Could somebody give me a hint of what must I write to start using the Gurobi?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Antonis

Sonja Mars

Oct 13, 2016, 3:40:07 AM10/13/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonis,

It looks like everything was installed correctly. This is the Gurobi Interactive Shell that started. Please see here for more details:
https://www.gurobi.com/documentation/6.5/quickstart_windows/interactive_shell.html

Best regards,
Sonja

----
Dr. Sonja Mars
Gurobi Optimization - Technical Support
> --
>
> ---

Antonios Georgantas

Oct 14, 2016, 1:06:55 AM10/14/16
to Gurobi Optimization
Dear Sonia,

thank you for your response. However, what I want from Gurobi is to work as an optimizer for the Matlab. I don't trust Matlab's solver and I want to incorporate the Gurobi into it. How can I accomplish that?

Best Regards
Antonis

Sonja Mars

Oct 14, 2016, 2:37:41 AM10/14/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonis,

For setting up our Gurobi MATLAB interface, please take a look at this page and follow the instructions given in the different sections:

http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/6.5/quickstart_windows/matlab_interface.html

Antonios Georgantas

Oct 25, 2016, 6:57:19 AM10/25/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Dear Community,

I have installed the 64 bit version of Gurobi and my Matlab is 64 bit.

I run the first command in order to access the Gurobi "cd C:\gurobi652\win64"

However, when I write "gurobi_setup", this message appears :

Undefined function or variable 'gurobi_setup'

The only type of setup inside this folder is this : setup.py

Any ideas how to make the Gurobi work inside Matlab?

Thank you
Antonios Georgantas

--

---

Sonja Mars

Oct 25, 2016, 7:16:31 AM10/25/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You should take a look at the matlab folder inside this directory: C:\gurobi652\win64\matlab

There you will find the corresponding file.

Antonios Georgantas

Oct 26, 2016, 1:21:39 AM10/26/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I can't find something explicit. I have installed only the optimizer. Do I need to install something else in order Gurobi to work fine?

Sonja Mars

Oct 26, 2016, 1:24:46 AM10/26/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The installation of Gurobi optimizer is everything you need.

What I proposed is the following:

Instead of

cd C:\gurobi652\win64

You should do this:

cd C:\gurobi652\win64\matlab

in this folder you find the file you are looking for.

Best regards,
Sonja

Antonios Georgantas

Oct 26, 2016, 5:24:06 AM10/26/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
All right this worked. Thank you. However, I have installed the R2016a version and this message appeared.

Warning: You are using MATLAB 9.0.0.341360 (R2016a).
The Gurobi MATLAB interface currently supports R2008b-R2015b.

This means, that currently I won't be able to work with Gurobi?

Because it was quite troubling with the licenses to install Matlab in the first place.

Regards
Antonis

Sonja Mars

Oct 27, 2016, 5:49:24 AM10/27/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We just released Gurobi 7.0. This version supports Matlab 2008b through 2016b. Your best option is to upgrade to our latest version.

To upgrade to the latest version of Gurobi, just download it from here:
http://www.gurobi.com/downloads/gurobi-optimizer

then install it and request a new free academic license for it:
https://user.gurobi.com/download/licenses/free-academic

Then again follow the instructions here:
http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/7.0/quickstart_windows/matlab_setting_up_gurobi_f.html

Antonios Georgantas

Oct 27, 2016, 7:28:22 AM10/27/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com