מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Roberto Zanotti

לא נקראה,
21 בספט׳ 2016, 9:36:5221.9.2016
עד Gurobi Optimization
Hello, I am using Gurobi (and its Java API) to find the optimal solution of a rather small instance of a problem (85 constraints, 750 binary variables, 7077 nonzeros), which is quite hard to solve.  I am trying to solve this MIP model on a PC with a 3 GHz CPU and 8GB of RAM with Windows 10 installed as OS.
After a while (about an hour) logging to console stops and Gurobi seems to be stuck. Furthermore, I set a 5 hours time limit, which is ignored (I stopped Gurobi "manually" after 14 hours).
The same code works fine on other machines with Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 installed (even with less resources available) and worked fine on the same machine before upgrading to Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 was installed).
By working fine I mean that logging doesn't stop and after the 5 hours time limit Gurobi terminates correctly.
The same thing also happens for other instances of the same problem but at different times, of course.

Are there any known problems with running Gurobi on Windows 10 or has anyone experienced something like this?

Sonja Mars

לא נקראה,
22 בספט׳ 2016, 2:32:3922.9.2016
עד gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does this problem only occur if you use Gurobi via the Java API? Can you try exporting your model as MPS file using the write() method and then solve your model using gurobi_cl (http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/6.5/quickstart_windows/solving_a_simple_model_the.html)?

If the problem is still there, can you post a log file and can you share the model file with us?

Thanks and best regards,
Sonja

----
Dr. Sonja Mars