How to set the "Crossover" to 0 ?

b Yang4869

Jul 11, 2016, 2:51:39 PM7/11/16
to Gurobi Optimization

When I use Gurobi to solve a large LP. I find the "Push Phase" takes sooooo much time and I don't need the basic property of the solution. So I want to shut down this "crossover". The website of Gurobi says I only need to set the parameter "crossover" to 0. But how ?

Tobias Achterberg

Jul 11, 2016, 3:00:54 PM7/11/16
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Our parameter examples section in the manual at

http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/6.5/refman/parameter_examples.html#sec:ParameterExamples

shows how to do this for all of the available APIs. As you can see in the
parameter description

http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/6.5/refman/crossover.html#parameter:Crossover

the "Crossover" parameter is an integer parameter.

Tobias

b Yang4869

Jul 11, 2016, 4:17:23 PM7/11/16
to Gurobi Optimization
I've seen these two websites, but I still don't know how to set the crossover to 0. Could you set me a specific example?

By the way, I use "model.getEnv().set(GRB_IntParam_Crossover, 0);" but it doesn't work.

在 2016年7月11日星期一 UTC-4下午3:00:54,Tobias Achterberg写道:

b Yang4869

Jul 11, 2016, 4:22:46 PM7/11/16
to Gurobi Optimization
I'm using C++

在 2016年7月11日星期一 UTC-4下午4:17:23,b Yang4869写道:

Kostja Siefen

Jul 12, 2016, 2:41:16 AM7/12/16
to Gurobi Optimization
What kind of model are you solving? Are you trying to disable crossover for a MIP model? Can you send a log that shows that "it doesn't work"?

Kostja

b Yang4869

Jul 15, 2016, 5:49:04 PM7/15/16
to Gurobi Optimization
Thanks for your reply Kostja.

I find I should first set the "Method" to be "Barrier" and then I can shut off the "Crossover".

model.getEnv().set(GRB_IntParam_Method, 2);
model.getEnv().set(GRB_IntParam_Crossover, 0);

在 2016年7月12日星期二 UTC-4上午2:41:16,Kostja Siefen写道: