Gurobipy under Python 36

瀏覽次數:152 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Vincent Reinbold

未讀,
2017年5月10日 凌晨3:46:432017/5/10
收件者:Gurobi Optimization
Hi,

As far as I know there is no gurobipy version under python 3.6, (I am right ?)
Is it under development ? or is there a simple hack to make the setup.py (originally available for both 2.7 and 3.5 version) work on python 3.6 ?

Greetings,

Vincent

Sonja Mars

未讀,
2017年5月10日 凌晨3:58:102017/5/10
收件者:gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent,

You are correct our Python interface currently does not support Python 3.6.

We are planning to add support for Python 3.6 with our next release.

There is no simple hack to make it work with Gurobi 7.0.2.

Best regards,
Sonja

----
Dr. Sonja Mars
Gurobi Optimization - Technical Support

Franco Peschiera

未讀,
2018年2月9日 清晨5:03:302018/2/9
收件者:Gurobi Optimization
Good day,

Not sure if this is the correct thread or if I should open a new one: I'd just wanted to know why Gurobi versions >= 7 require python >= 3.6.

I'm using Ubuntu's latest LTS (16.04) and here the official python version is 3.5.2. And since managing different unsupported python (or even worse, Ubuntu) versions is something I'm not thrilled to do again, I wondered if the new Gurobi versions actually require python 3.6 and over or if I could really force the install with my current version. I don't even know what has changed between these two python versions.

I don't want to be trapped in Gurobi version 6.5.2 until I update my python versions or OS.

Thanks!

Franco

Tobias Achterberg

未讀,
2018年2月13日 凌晨3:32:202018/2/13
收件者:gur...@googlegroups.com
All those different and incompatible Python versions are a nightmare for us as well. It is
tough to provide support for so many versions inside our build and QA processes. Hence, we
decided to only support very few, which currently is the most used version of Python 2
(i.e., 2.7) and the one that is the current standard of Anaconda (i.e., 3.6). But as far
as I recall we will have Python 3.5 support again in our next release.

Regards,

Tobias
回覆所有人
回覆作者