MISOCP warm start

Zohar Levi

Jan 18, 2017, 12:37:43 AM1/18/17
to Gurobi Optimization

Hi,

I have a SOCP problem, where some of the variables are binary and appear in linear constraints. Is it possible to use a warm start for the binary variables (initialize them) in this case?

Renan Garcia

Jan 18, 2017, 8:26:35 AM1/18/17
to gur...@googlegroups.com
You can provide a MIP start using the 'Start' variable attribute (see http://www.gurobi.com/documentation/7.0/refman/start.html#attr:Start).

--

---

Zohar Levi

Jan 18, 2017, 2:28:22 PM1/18/17
to Gurobi Optimization

Thanks. I'm currently using yalmip to formulate a problem for Gurobi. The warm start works for MIQP but not for MISOCP. From your answer I gather it should work as well, and I need to verify it with a direct example for Gurobi that it is a problem on yalmip side.

Renan Garcia

Jan 18, 2017, 2:33:19 PM1/18/17
to gur...@googlegroups.com
That's correct. Gurobi allows you to provide a MIP start for all supported versions of quadratic MIPs (i.e., MIQP, MISOCP and MIQCP).

Zohar Levi

Jan 18, 2017, 4:09:13 PM1/18/17
to Gurobi Optimization

It seems that indeed you are right, and I found the problem in yalmip. Thanks again.