Segmentation fault in callback: adding multiple cuts or lazy constraints with the Python interface

Gonzalo Muñoz

Feb 16, 2018, 12:17:31 AM2/16/18
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi,

I am running into a strange issue. I am creating many cuts in a callback, and for some reason, Gurobi is running into a segmentation fault. The issue disappears if I create all the cuts, select one of them (the deepest one, for example) and just add that one. But as soon as I try to add all of them, Gurobi fails.

Is this normal? is it not recommended to add multiple cuts in a single callback call? The same issue happens if I add them as lazy constraints.

I am using Gurobi 7.5.2 and Python 2.7.5 in CentOS.

Best,
Gonzalo.

Daniel Espinoza

Feb 19, 2018, 10:56:53 AM2/19/18
to Gurobi Optimization
Hi Gonzalo,

What API are you using?
I guess you already tried valgrind in your code?

Maybe you are pointing in a wrong position for the non-zeros? (i.e. beyond the number of columns?)

Best,
Daniel