Gurobi optimizer returned dramatically different solutions, with far parted objective values, to my same business model.

Hongqi Jia

May 27, 2017, 8:31:02 AM5/27/17
to Gurobi Optimization
I have the lp file logged.  The lp model files are mathematically equivalent, meaning the constraints are all the same with some ordering differences, same variables, and same objective functions.  I understand the optimization outcome will not be the same for different reasons (including the order differences, etc).  But I believe it is reasonable to expect that the optimized object value should not very far apart.  Are there anyone else encountered the same issue before?

Sonja Mars

May 29, 2017, 2:59:14 AM5/29/17
to gur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you post the log files? It would be very helpful for us to understand what is exactly going on.

Thanks and best regards,
Sonja

----
Dr. Sonja Mars