Developer key: access to over 1'900'000 pieces

Philine Widmer

Sep 20, 2017, 2:58:31 AM9/20/17
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Are the 1'900'000 pieces a random sample of all the Guardian content? How is it determined which pieces end up in this collection of 1'900'000 and which do not?

Mariot Chauvin

Sep 20, 2017, 4:41:03 AM9/20/17
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philine,

This is not a random sample, this all the content we have produced digitally that is available (we use the same API for our own website and apps). On the developer tiers you will have only not access to content that we are restricted to redistribute for rights reason.

On the commercial tiers you can have access to all the content

Regards,

Mariot

Le mer. 20 sept. 2017 à 07:58, Philine Widmer <philine...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Are the 1'900'000 pieces a random sample of all the Guardian content? How is it determined which pieces end up in this collection of 1'900'000 and which do not?

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately. Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.  Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited is a member of Guardian Media Group plc. Registered Office: PO Box 68164, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1P 2AP.  Registered in England Number 908396

Philine Widmer

Sep 20, 2017, 3:34:45 PM9/20/17
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi Mariot, thank you for your quick reply.

Can you give me an example of a type of piece that would not be available due to rights reasons?
What would you say, are the pieces that I can access via the developer key 90% of all content? More? Less?

Mariot Chauvin

Philine Widmer

Sep 21, 2017, 9:07:02 AM9/21/17
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum