Accessing content from edition

Ataul Munim

Jul 2, 2016, 7:27:42 AM7/2/16
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
I couldn't find information on the query params available for editions. I see there are some (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/guardian-api-talk/iK_Jl6R3mbI) but are they documented anywhere?

I'm looking to get a listing of all articles in a given edition (by date).

Hitting `https://content.guardianapis.com/uk?api-key=<myApiKey>` only yields:

{
  "response": {
    "status": "ok",
    "userTier": "developer",
    "total": 1
  }
}

`https://content.guardianapis.com/uk?show-editors-picks=true` - are there other query params that can be used?

Thanks

Mariot Chauvin

Jul 2, 2016, 9:12:34 AM7/2/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Regards,

Mariot

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately. Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.  Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited is a member of Guardian Media Group plc. Registered Office: PO Box 68164, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1P 2AP.  Registered in England Number 908396

Ataul

Jul 2, 2016, 9:35:09 AM7/2/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mariot, I couldn't find the information on that site hence my asking here.

I would expect to see it under the edition section but I could not find anywhere on that docs site, searching for "editors picks" on each page.

Thanks
Ataul

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Guardian Open Platform API Forum" group.

Mariot Chauvin

Jul 5, 2016, 12:13:43 PM7/5/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry I miss you were referring to edition endpoint which is a bit particular. you can use content parameters but they will be applied for editor picks.

Regards,

Mariot

Ataul

Jul 5, 2016, 2:03:41 PM7/5/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com

Sorry if I'm missing something that's really obvious, but is there a list of valid content parameters available?

I only found the editors pick path by chance, not from the docs.

Thanks again
Ataul

Mariot Chauvin

Jul 6, 2016, 5:34:22 AM7/6/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
There is only show-editor-picks and show-most-viewed. You can use other parameters from content but they will apply on the results of editor picks and most viewed returned results.

Anyway I don't think edition name in the API refers to what you are trying to retrieve. if you can give me more details, I can point you to right direction

Ataul

Jul 6, 2016, 5:53:26 AM7/6/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com

Ah I see. For now I was just exploring the capabilities of the API.

To start with, I wanted to replicate the digest email which looks like it's editors' picks, but I also wondered if it would be feasible with the API to clone the functionality of the Guardian android app.

With the edition endpoints, I imagined it would be possible to fetch a list of articles or article IDs for a given edition/date combination.

errola...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2018, 12:06:23 PM8/26/18
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hello Mariot,

I have been over the Guardian API docs. I am looking to do something like this....

search for the US edition, then multiple sections such as food and economy, then get the most viewed and editor picks

Can I do all of that in one url?

Thank you for your help.

Larry