API issue

Rashi jain

Aug 4, 2016, 12:27:38 PM8/4/16
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Our team is developing a general mobile application that lets users set reminders in any global time, provides world news and even country-specific news.

For our country specific news feature, we focus on providing latest and most informative news for our users and hence, we chose to fetch TheGaurdian's free APIs for it. However, the problem occurs as and when these APIs are not updated frequently.

Our request from you is to let us know anything that can be done for this issue or if your paid APIs are an option then please share some information about them.

luke....@guardian.co.uk

Aug 8, 2016, 5:25:39 AM8/8/16
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi Rashi,

Our API is constantly maintained and updated so you should be able to get the frequent updates you need. Are you able to provide me details of the query you are trying to run please?

Many thanks,
Luke.

Rashi jain

Aug 8, 2016, 7:48:52 AM8/8/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Here is the query:

http://content.guardianapis.com/search?q=delhi%20AND%20economy&tag=politics/politics&from-date=2014-01-01&api-key=test

q=query
here q=delhi

Awaiting your response

Regards
Rashi Jain

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately. Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.  Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited is a member of Guardian Media Group plc. Registered Office: PO Box 68164, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1P 2AP.  Registered in England Number 908396

Luke Taylor

Aug 8, 2016, 9:13:42 AM8/8/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
--

Luke Taylor

Senior Software Developer, Off-Platform & Content API

Guardian News & Media

-----

luke....@theguardian.com

-----

@luke_tay_taylor

-----

Kings Place, 90 York Way,

London N1 9GU

theguardian.com

-----

​​Download the Guardian app for Android and iOS​

Rashi jain

Aug 11, 2016, 6:29:17 AM8/11/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr. Taylor,

Thankyou for your reply.

This is to inform you but I'm afraid that the response remains the same. We are getting the same news from this query. Problem persists.

Let us know if we should be making a change in some other place or any other solution that you might have.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards
Rashi Jain
New Delhi, India

Manlio Poltronieri

Aug 11, 2016, 6:50:22 AM8/11/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rashi,

when you do a search query results are order by relevance by default. You can change the order using the order-by parameter; your query would be

Also note that this query only returns 15 results that match all your filters. If you want to see more updates, try with a more generic query.

All the parameters are explained in our documentation that you can find here: http://open-platform.theguardian.com/documentation/search

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Guardian Open Platform API Forum" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/guardian-api-talk.

Rashi jain

Aug 12, 2016, 7:17:44 AM8/12/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mr. Manlio,

Thankyou for your mail.

I'd like to inform you that after putting up my question on GoogleGroups I did receive a reply from Mr. Luke Taylor. He had provided us another query to replace with ours and even after doing it the results were same. So is the case with the query provided by you. Results remain same from json editor, in fact, the news that it is providing is from 2015 November and other months. It is not yet updated.

Let us know if we should be making changes some place else or any other solution that comes up.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Rashi Jain
New Delhi, India

luke....@guardian.co.uk

Aug 15, 2016, 5:33:33 AM8/15/16
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi Rashi,

The following query: http://content.guardianapis.com/search?q=delhi%20AND%20economy&tag=politics/politics&from-date=2014-01-01&api-key=test&use-date=last-modified&order-by=newest gives you news with the politics/politics tag from the given date with documents containing the term 'dehli' and 'economy'. The Guardian does not have localised news as such for Dehli specifically so it's not something thats likely to be created or updated frequently. If you want to broaden your search, you can use the the 'world/india' tag?

Thanks,
Luke.

[...]

Rashi jain

Aug 15, 2016, 2:31:30 PM8/15/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mr. Taylor,

Thankyou for your reply.

I'd like to explain my issue with APIs in detail.

The feature in our app for which we require TheGaurdian's APIs does not show news for Delhi only instead it is a feature where when you type and select any country of the world, it will give you latest feeds of that country. For instance, now I've selected United Kingdom and it is showing news of the UK specifically from the month of May or April but we would want to show news of August. That is what I meant that APIs fetched for latest stories are not getting updated and with the queries provided by you, after getting their response from json editor it still shows older news.

I hope the situation is more clear now. Let us know what can be done to resolve it.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Rashi Jain
+919999050696
New Delhi, India

Rashi jain

Sep 2, 2016, 3:58:23 AM9/2/16
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hey,

The issue remains unsolved. We are hoping to hear from you soon.
Let us know if any more info is required in order to look into it in detail.

Thanks

Mariot Chauvin

Sep 2, 2016, 4:19:42 AM9/2/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rashi,

We previously answered you that the news you received are the latest one published with the parameters of your query.

Regards,

Mariot

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/guardian-api-talk.

Rashi jain

Sep 5, 2016, 5:38:23 AM9/5/16
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to inform that the last query sent by you worked absolutely fine in our app. It finally shows the latest news. The issue has been resolved.

Check out the app, Global BizHub, at  https://goo.gl/3poSCT if you like.

Thanks a lot for your assistance and cooperation.
Appreciate it.

Regards
Rashi Jain

Regards