How to circumvent the search api limt?

Evgeni Köpplin

Jun 25, 2016, 3:17:26 PM6/25/16
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum

I'm trying to get information about 136 countries that is I'm searching for those countries mentioned in articles. I would like to have this information between 2010-2014 on daily basis.
Trying to call get_guardian() results in
  The requested period is potentially too long. To avoid errors make multiple request (e.g. weekly chunks)
 so I wrote a simple function which basically splits that period in daily units:
where dates ranges from 2010-01-01 to 2014-12-31 and keywords represent a character vector with 136 countries

     for (j in 1:length(keywords)) {

       search= keywords [j]

      for (i in 1:length(dates)) {

       data= get_guardian(keywords )

    }

  output[ j ]  = data]
}

This function works well. However I'll get after a while
Error: !is.null(this.api.response) is not TRUE

So my question, is there a way to get these done somehow without loosing much information?

Thank you