Sunsetting of Politics API

Gideon Goldberg

Feb 4, 2015, 11:05:37 AM2/4/15
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Following the re-launch of the Guardian website we have decided to decommission the Politics API as it runs on the same infrastructure as the old website which is in the process of being shutdown.

We have arranged a grace period until 3rd March in order for you to find an alternative data source.

Thanks,

Gideon

Visit theguardian.com. On your mobile and tablet, download the Guardian iPhone and Android apps theguardian.com/guardianapp and our tablet editions theguardian.com/editions.  Save up to 57% by subscribing to the Guardian and Observer - choose the papers you want and get full digital access.  Visit subscribe.theguardian.com

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately. Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.  Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited is a member of Guardian Media Group plc. Registered Office: PO Box 68164, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1P 2AP.  Registered in England Number 908396

Rich Millar

May 7, 2017, 7:50:54 AM5/7/17
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
It's nice to find this kind of information buried in a Google Group somewhere. Could you maybe remove or update the page here: https://www.theguardian.com/open-platform/politics-api/getting-started ? It was for me the 5th search result when looking for an election statistics API, only one of which was an actual API. I wasted some time trying to figure out whether it had just been moved or some other minor problem, I wonder how many others have done the same.

For those looking for an alternative API, data.parliament.uk probably has what you need, if you don't want to do the struggle of putting the disparate pieces together, theyworkforyou.com might help you as long as their EULA *ahem* works-for-you.

Rich

Mariot Chauvin

May 8, 2017, 5:18:26 AM5/8/17
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback, just updated the page to let people know that the API is no longer available.
Sorry for the wasted time.

Regards,

Mariot