Empty Query Results

Jeremy Bray

Feb 7, 2017, 3:40:02 PM2/7/17
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum

Hey guys, I’m a university student and I’m working on a research project in which I need to gather a large volume of data from news sources, social media, blogs, etc. I have a little program that can make Guardian queries and save the results. I was just curious, if I make a query and leave out the main search, is it going to return all Guardian content? Assume that I’m ordering results by most recent. If max out the results per page and then make queries for each individual page until I reach the max page number, will I be getting everything? Or will I be missing out on results that would be returned by a more specific query?