Error : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Nemix

Jun 27, 2008, 5:28:50 AM6/27/08
to gstreamer-java
Hi !

I have downloaded and installed gstreamer-java.

Everything seems to be ok and when I try to run an example... The
system crash and an error occurs :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
native pointer
at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.NativeObject.initializer(Unknown Source)
at org.gstreamer.GstObject.initializer(Unknown Source)
at org.gstreamer.elements.PlayBin.<init>(Unknown Source)
at AudioPlayer.main(AudioPlayer.java:12)

As parameter I give a mp3 file, the path is good... So I don't
understand.
Somebody can help me please ?

Thanks ^^

ps : sorry for my english, I'm french ;)

Wayne Meissner

Jun 27, 2008, 6:33:46 AM6/27/08
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
Make sure the first argument you give the constructor is not a file
name - gstreamer has some funny restrictions on how an element can be
named, and having a period ('.') in there confuses it.

It could also be that you don't have all the gstreamer packages
installed. Do you have all the gst-plugins packages installed?

"playbin" should be in gst-plugins-base or gst-plugins-good.

Can you please also file an issue with some test code to replicate this?

The error message needs to be made clearer, and if a bug isn't filed,
I might forget it.

Thanks for reporting the problem!

Nemix

Jun 27, 2008, 7:00:58 AM6/27/08
to gstreamer-java
Hmm I think it should be a plugin problem. I have the version of
gstreamer "basic" (whithout "good" or "base" or anything else). I try
to install the "base" version.

I need just to read audio and video in a swing frame. Do you think
this is the plugin I need ?

I try to re-install gstreamer and gstreamer-java and I let you know
the result ;)

Thank you !

Nemix

Jun 27, 2008, 7:14:37 AM6/27/08
to gstreamer-java
I have the same problem than yesterday.
Yesterday I tried to install gstreamer good, but it didn't work, I
have an error.

Now, I re-install with the base plugin after uninstall gstreamer
without any plugin and the same than yesterday error occurs :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not
load library gstreamer-0.10
at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GNative.loadWin32Library(Unknown Source)
at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GNative.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GstNative.load(Unknown Source)
at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GstAPI.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at org.gstreamer.Gst.init(Unknown Source)
at org.gstreamer.example.AudioPlayer.main(Unknown Source)

I solved this error installing this morning gstreamer without plugin.
But now, it occurs again...
I don't understand...

Hmm sorry, I don't understand what this sentence means : "Can you
please also file an issue with some test code to replicate this? " ?

"Make sure the first argument you give the constructor is not a file
name - gstreamer has some funny restrictions on how an element can be
named, and having a period ('.') in there confuses it."
I try to use the example : AudioPlayer.java on the website, so the
source code is ok I think ;)

Nemix

Jun 27, 2008, 7:33:13 AM6/27/08
to gstreamer-java
Sorry...

I've made a mistake -_-'
I uninstalled gstreamer, thinking that gstreamer-plugin-base only will
be ok.

But, searching on the internet, I understand that I've made a mistake.

So, now, no more exception... Just a strange error :
When I try to open a mp3 file :
** Message: don't know how to handle application/x-id3

When I try to open a wma file :
** Message: don't know how to handle video/x-ms-asf

When I try to open a mpg file (with VideoPlayer.java) :
** Message: don't know how to handle video/mpeg,
systemstream=(boolean)true, mpegversion=(int)1

Do you know what's the problem ?

Nemix

Jun 27, 2008, 7:50:17 AM6/27/08
to gstreamer-java
I tried with a non-restricted format (ogg) and it works well...

How can I do to read wmv and mp3 files ? That's really what I need for
my application ^^

Wayne Meissner

Jun 27, 2008, 8:22:54 AM6/27/08
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure which set has the plugins you need, but I always install
all of these:

gstreamer
gst-plugins-base
gst-plugins-good
gst-plugins-bad
gst-plugins-ugly
gst-ffmpeg

i.e. install everything - it shouldn't hurt anything, and it will
allow you to play the most number of formats.

Nemix

Jun 27, 2008, 8:45:37 AM6/27/08
to gstreamer-java
It's ok ! It runs perfectly now :)

There is a video I can't read but this is a mpg file. It seems to read
wmv files, that's what I need.
Maybe the mpg file have a problem... I don't know.

Thank you Wayne !