Proper libraries, compilation issues

Jedidiah Johnson

Jul 21, 2013, 9:32:14 PM7/21/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm new to gstreammer, and I am working through the tutorial getting a footing, but I run into a issue with the basic gst.init() call:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't obtain updateLastError method for class com.sun.jna.Native
    at com.sun.jna.Native.initIDs(Native Method)
    at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:139)
    at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GNative.loadNativeLibrary(GNative.java:48)
    at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GNative.loadLibrary(GNative.java:45)
    at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GstNative.load(GstNative.java:42)
    at org.gstreamer.lowlevel.GstNative.load(GstNative.java:39)
    at org.gstreamer.Gst.<clinit>(Gst.java:59)
    at river.soft.main.Cam.screen(Cam.java:31)
    at river.soft.main.GUI.buildGUI(GUI.java:32)
    at river.soft.main.SayCheese.main(SayCheese.java:25)
I downloaded JNA 4.0 but i saw in another post that may be to late, I am also running in java 7 i believe, and I am running from what i can tell is gstreamer 0.10 on gnomebuntu 13.04 in eclipse

Tal Shalif

Jul 21, 2013, 10:24:17 PM7/21/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
Were you able to run any other other non-gstreamer JNA tests with JNA 4.0?

Jedidiah Johnson

Jul 22, 2013, 7:45:29 AM7/22/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
I have not used JNA before so I have no idea. Do you know any tools/code that would be good for me to test it?

Tal Shalif

Jul 22, 2013, 9:55:23 PM7/22/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
I guess any JNA tutorial would be a good start. Once you got your footing right, I would suggest trying gstreamer-java - but with JNA 3.x (e.g. 3.5) rather than 4.0.