Running gst1-java-core on OSX

Brian Toal

Dec 30, 2015, 7:03:08 AM12/30/15
to gstreamer-java
I'm having troubles getting the test cases of gst1-java-core to run on OSX.

I've installed gsstreamer and packaged up the dylib files into a jar that has one directory called darwin, containing all the dylib's and added that jar to the class path.  That got me around a series of UnsatisfiedLinkErrors but now I'm hitting many "Invalid native pointer" exceptions when running the test in GarbageCollectionTest along with the following assert failure:

(process:9722): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_factory_make: assertion 'gst_is_initialized ()' failed

Maybe the way I've setup the launcher (classpath/java.library.path) is incorrect or how I've added the gsstreamer.dylib files.

Any ideas or what are the standard steps to setup the OSX test exec/launcher after cloning and running mvn install successfully...

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid native pointer
at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.lowlevel.NativeObject.initializer(NativeObject.java:71)
at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GstObject.initializer(GstObject.java:60)
at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.Pipeline.initializer(Pipeline.java:123)
at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.Pipeline.<init>(Pipeline.java:117)
at org.freedesktop.gstreamer.GarbageCollectionTest.busWithListeners(GarbageCollectionTest.java:148)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:31)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:31)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:459)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:675)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:382)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:192)

Neil C Smith

Dec 30, 2015, 7:12:47 AM12/30/15
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

On 28 December 2015 at 18:09, Brian Toal <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having troubles getting the test cases of gst1-java-core to run on OSX.

The tests are disabled for a reason! ;-)

Remember this is a fork of the bindings for GStreamer 0.10, so the
tests were written for that. I have made changes to some (parts of)
tests during refactoring, so certain test methods should pass, but
overall they are expected to fail at the moment. I should probably
have set this up to ignore non-working tests instead in hindsight.
Pull requests to fix that welcome!

Thanks and best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser

Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk

Brian Toal

Jan 3, 2016, 7:30:09 PM1/3/16
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
So the test failures, specifically the critical native error's I'm seeing are expected?

Neil C Smith

Jan 4, 2016, 4:39:46 AM1/4/16

On 4 January 2016 at 00:30, Brian Toal <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So the test failures, specifically the critical native error's I'm seeing
> are expected?

Maybe, maybe not. There are some native errors triggered by the tests
currently, although this one looks odd. Have you got the camera test
example working OK now? It could be that you haven't configured the
library path correctly for tests?

Best wishes,