Issue 135 in gstreamer-java: getting error with tuitorial

gstream...@googlecode.com

Sep 26, 2013, 6:48:37 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 135 by shamik.m...@gmail.com: getting error with tuitorial
http://code.google.com/p/gstreamer-java/issues/detail?id=135

Hi

I was trying tithe tutorial for java gstreamer.

I have JNA as well gstreamer-java 1.5 jar.

I was trying with the SimplePipeline turial code. I was trying to ran it
from eclipse but got this error:

at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.newInstance(Structure.java:1599)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.size(Structure.java:950)
at com.sun.jna.Native.getNativeSize(Native.java:1076)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.getNativeSize(Structure.java:1927)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.getNativeSize(Structure.java:1920)

any clue, what is wrong?

issue notifications to this address.

gstream...@googlecode.com

Sep 26, 2013, 7:51:50 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 135 by lfar...@lfarkas.org: getting error with tuitorial
http://code.google.com/p/gstreamer-java/issues/detail?id=135

what is you jna and gstreamer version?

gstream...@googlecode.com

Sep 26, 2013, 8:19:00 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 135 by shamik.m...@gmail.com: getting error with
tuitorial
http://code.google.com/p/gstreamer-java/issues/detail?id=135

jna - 4.0.0

gstreamer - both 0.10 and 1.0

Neil C Smith

Sep 26, 2013, 8:33:11 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
The GStreamer-Java 1.5 download won't work with JNA > 3.4. Try the
SVN checkout. Also try JNA 3.5 if 4.0 still doesn't work.

As per front page, GStreamer 1.0 won't work.

The downloads should probably all be taken down as they won't work
with recent JNA, and Google Code has deprecated downloads anyway.

Best wishes,

Neil
> "gstreamer-java" group.
> email to gstreamer-jav...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/gstreamer-java.

Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser
http://neilcsmith.net

Praxis LIVE - open-source intermedia development - www.praxislive.org
Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk
OpenEye - the web, managed - www.openeye.info

gstream...@googlecode.com

Sep 26, 2013, 8:42:04 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 135 by lfar...@lfarkas.org: getting error with tuitorial
http://code.google.com/p/gstreamer-java/issues/detail?id=135

only jna 3.5.1 and gstreamer-0.10 are working...

gstream...@googlecode.com

Sep 26, 2013, 9:31:52 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 135 by shamik.m...@gmail.com: getting error with
tuitorial
http://code.google.com/p/gstreamer-java/issues/detail?id=135

ok cool

so as you suggested i took jna 3.5.1 ... but now i get some other exception

JNA: Callback org.gstreamer.Bus$15@72c25346 threw the following exception:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
com.sun.jna.Structure.getFieldOrder()Ljava/util/List;
at com.sun.jna.Structure.fieldOrder(Structure.java:831)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.getFields(Structure.java:857)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.deriveLayout(Structure.java:983)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.calculateSize(Structure.java:908)
at com.sun.jna.Structure.calculateSize(Structure.java:896)

I am using Java 1.7

gstream...@googlecode.com

Sep 26, 2013, 9:36:30 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 135 by lfar...@lfarkas.org: getting error with tuitorial
http://code.google.com/p/gstreamer-java/issues/detail?id=135

ok let it be 3.4.0:-)

or if you wanna use 3.5.1 you have to you the svn trunk.

gstream...@googlecode.com

Sep 26, 2013, 10:03:41 AM9/26/13
to gstream...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 135 by shamik.m...@gmail.com: getting error with
tuitorial
http://code.google.com/p/gstreamer-java/issues/detail?id=135

absolutely :)

it works fine with jna 3.4.0...thanx a lot :)