granting access to users outside the domain

kris

May 18, 2009, 10:08:58 PM5/18/09
to grupal - Google Apps integrations for Drupal
I have questions about implementing this setup in a small business
environment. Such as how is allowing clients login access to view
projects etc. handled. Do the clients need an apps account on the
domain, or can they use a normal google account if access is granted?

kris

May 19, 2009, 9:40:37 AM5/19/09
to grupal - Google Apps integrations for Drupal
to clarify:

If you want to show info or collaborate with clients in a password
protected environment using grupal, what approach is suggested? Can
regular drupal accounts be created outside of the apps account sync?

Sam Johnston

May 19, 2009, 9:43:54 AM5/19/09
to grupal-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM, kris <kr...@kstmedia.ca> wrote:
If you want to show info or collaborate with clients in a password
protected environment using grupal, what approach is suggested? Can
regular drupal accounts be created outside of the apps account sync?

Interesting question. Actually Grupal just allows authenticated users to access Google Apps - there is no requirement for every user to have a Google Apps account so that should work just fine.

Sam

kris

May 19, 2009, 9:54:46 AM5/19/09
to grupal - Google Apps integrations for Drupal
Thanks for clarifying, this Feature comment was the one that threw me
for a loop:

"Currently supports

Creating users in Google Apps when created in Drupal (suspended or
enabled) "

As I thought it implied all drupal accounts also needed to be google
apps accounts.

Sam Johnston

May 22, 2009, 3:09:31 PM5/22/09
to grupal-discuss
2009/5/19 kris <kr...@kstmedia.ca>

Thanks for clarifying, this Feature comment was the one that threw me
for a loop:

"Currently supports

Creating users in Google Apps when created in Drupal (suspended or
enabled) "

As I thought it implied all drupal accounts also needed to be google
apps accounts.

Apologies for the confusion - if we don't already have it as an option then we should.

Sam