Channel hooks/interceptors in C++ ?

Robert Bielik

Apr 9, 2018, 3:30:46 AM4/9/18
to grpc.io
I'd like to be able to know when a (TCP) channel is connected to/disconnected from my service. The grpc::Server::GlobalCallbacks seems to give me this on a per-RPC level, but I need this on a session level.

Regards
/Robert

yas...@google.com

Apr 11, 2018, 7:28:05 PM4/11/18
to grpc.io
You can call GetState on the channel to know the current state of the channel.

Robert Bielik

Apr 12, 2018, 1:58:06 PM4/12/18
to yas...@google.com, grpc.io
Hmm... how do I get hold of the channel on the server side?

yas...@google.com

Apr 18, 2018, 5:06:28 PM4/18/18
to grpc.io
I'm sorry I didn't realize that you were trying to do this on the server side. I don't think we have anything like that on the server side. As far as I know, we don't expose those details. What exactly are you trying to achieve?